Saturday, July 10, 2010

Ode to the Bun

Sticky Bun, you are now nine months old. Just the other day, I had to lower your pack and play because you can pull yourself up to your knees and, sometimes, to your feet.
You are no longer bald in the back. I don't think you ever cared but it makes me happy.
You sleep so good now. I never take it for granted but, boy, do I feel it when you're having an off night!
You eat, eat, eat. And I LOVE those big ol' chubby cheeks you've got. It's became sort of your trademark.
You and I are very lucky I have a coworker/friend who had a daughter nearly a year older than you. She has been outfitting you for months, saving me money.
Although we are saving money there, I still have day care and other expenses so I've had to be an even better bargain shopper for my clothes. I've reintroduced myself to Old Navy. Now where to go for work clothes ...
Daddy wants another already. I just want to enjoy YOU for right now. Plus my c-section is still sore. True that.
Your nana and papa rock. We are very lucky to have them so close by and the fact they are willing to watch you part time during the week. Saves us a lot of money and, of course, we know that you are loved and cared for every minute you are there. (I'll worry about the spoiling factor later.)
You are wonderful. We love you so much. Sometimes it can be challenging but your Daddy is very supportive and very much an active parent. I love him lots. We're a good family.
And when you're in therapy as an adult for whatever reason, and you show your therapist this blog because it's caused you anxiety or embarrassment, don't forget that I wrote we love you and YOU'RE WELCOME for giving you a good family :)

3 comments:

jen said...

:) I <3 it!

Ava is blessed to have you as her mama!!! And I can't think of a better way to raise a child than with the love and support of your hubby (and family)...makes all the difference (I'm speaking from only 5 days' worth of experience here, though) ;)

And seriously? the C-section site is still sore? wow. :(

C said...

aww..thats sweet. HEY work clothes..New york and Co!

I hope i have someone who will hand me some baby clothes when needed.. Hey I know who may need it...LOL...okay I'll stop.

ElleDee said...

I should clarify that my c-section is sore when Ava accidentally kicks me. It's healed, thank goodness!!
Hm, New York & Co, I'll give it a whirl!