Monday, September 27, 2010

Guess she can't be called The Bun for much longer

She's been out of the oven for nearly a year! Where did the time go? It was a tough labor. An even tougher post partum. And then the sleep deprivation. Wow.
But then there was also the first giggle. Her sweet demeanor right out the gate. Her personality coming through as she develops, getting bigger and stronger. The way she needs to be w/ me when she sees me in the room.
Admittedly, I sometimes miss the freedom to do anything. Or nothing:) My time feels borrowed because I have to shape my day around her. But the only time I really miss that freedom is when I'm sick. Because I'm a weenie when I'm sick:p But it's what you give up when you have a baby-selfishness:) I know, it sounds negative but it's not. I have friends who have held off because of that very reason. And I respect that.
My point? I'm blessed because The Bun is awesome. She has been rewarding me w/ little gifts. And big gifts, like sleep! These 11+ months have given me a greater appreciation for my husband, our families, and quite honestly, the good parents I've encountered. I also love to pieces my sweet, sweet baby girl. She amazes me and I think she is made up of all the best traits of me & The Man.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.0

1 comment:

jen said...

I can't believe she's almost 1 :) wow, time does fly, doesn't it? I know what you mean about giving up selfishness. I wish there were days I didn't have to do anything but watch tv and eat ice cream, but duty calls and baby needs to be fed, changed, bathed and rocked to sleep. After all that, then it's time for a bit of mama-time :) But, it's worth it!!!