Friday, October 28, 2011

See what I mean?

You can't braid a baby's hair:

I know this isn't the best french braid but I didn't want to scare her by pulling on her hair too much or making it too tight. This is, however, the first time that she a) stayed still long enough for me to complete it and b) had hair long enough to be french braided.
I know it's silly but, for so long, I've only been able to do a couple of things because her hair was so wispy and short. In other words, she's had baby hair forever.
Until now.
Now she is a little girl who can have braided hair. Wow. Feels like it's all of sudden even though it's been happening before my very eyes.
I can't say it enough. She is a constant reminder that life is short, time is fleeting and if I concentrate too much on the future or tasks that seem important at the time (but really aren't), I could miss so much.

2 comments:

C said...

OOH I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =)

C said...

tell sister that airfare is fairly cheap right now but will get worse after thanxgiving. Hotel is out of control! I have a travel agent, if she wants I can give her that info. I always go through pleasant holidays and apple vacations. The package is sometimes a better deal.