Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Thanking God

As you know, we are selling our home. I felt guilty for asking so much in my prayers: for us to sell our home at a good price, for my parents to do the same and for us to then buy a good home at a good price. But many folks told me that I must be specific in my prayers. So I prayed for it all in addition to praying what I always pray for-good health, happiness and prosperity for all my loved ones. I felt like I was asking for so much.
Well, exactly one week ago and six days after our home went on the market, my realtor called me saying we received a very good offer. (Two days after we showed our home for one day by appointment only). Remember how we listed at a 50K loss? The buyer offered to pay 60K above the asking price. This means we will break even because the additional profit will cover all the taxes, fees and other costs. The buyer also offered to let us stay one month rent free after escrow.
We feel so blessed. We were disheartened when our realtor first suggested we list lower than what we paid. We understood, however, it was what we needed to do to be competitive. Bigger homes in our neighborhood recently sold for close to that price. We trusted in God that it would all work out and we hoped to recoup some of the loss when folks started bidding. We never expected, though, to sell over the price we paid!
We still have so much more to go through with this sale (we're officially in escrow!) and everything else before finally getting into a new-to-us-but-not-new home. I'm still in awe, though. And so thankful.
Oh, and buyer IS one of the families we fell in love with! They are the initial couple who reminded us of ourselves when we were younger and fresher:) We know it shouldn't matter but we are very pleased it's them. The Man and I already agreed we were going to make this home as nice as possible before we leave and deep clean it so they don't have to worry about it.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

jen said...

Yay. Yay. Yay!!! So excited for you guys. I know things are going to all work out for the best and this is just the start. Woohoo!

ElleDee said...

Aw, thanks Jen! We had a scare and thought the buyers were going to back out. But we are back on track. Phew!

Veronica Milan said...

God is so good. Yay!