Tuesday, July 18, 2006

It's too damn hot to knit

But if I can manage to do so, I'm going to knit accessories that I can rock but won't make me perspire.

With that said, I give you ....

THE PURSE:
This is my first attempt at making a purse, my second time felting (for you non-knitters, "felting" means washing/drying the yarn project so it shrinks and the stitches are no longer visible.)

I like it a lot. I think it's because the handles are pretty bad ass. I also like it because there's no lining. Lulu don't do no sewing.

In case you can't picture it working with an outfit, here you go:

13 comments:

demondoll said...

Sister! That is soooo beautiful. I love it w/ that outfit, too. You are an amazing knitter.
I really like the way the handles pull the colors in. It would work w/ out the handles, but ooooh, it's all so yummy together! Good work!

ElleDee said...

You're too sweet Sister.
Unfortunately, I think you're the only one who gives a hoot when I have a knitting post.
That's cool.
I can't always be interesting ;)

demondoll said...

Hahaha, we're the knit-wits! ;)

Sorry, I think I'm sleep deprived and water-logged.

Veronica said...

I LOVE it. I know nothing about knitting, but I care about your projects. :)

I'm SUPER busy. I have a group project on Monday and I have an "anal one" in the group. God, I hate group projects.

ElleDee said...

AHAHAHA. "Anal."
I liked group projects if I liked the person who took the lead.
This means I liked only one group project. Ever.
No, I wasn't the leader. It was my friend and she got straight A's. That's when you know you can trust a person with your grade.
GOOD LUCK, POOKS!

Anonymous said...

Hey! That's a cute bag! You crazy knitting cutie! :)

ElleDee said...

Oh my stars, it's Karaway!!! We've missed you 0h-so-much, darlin'!!!!!
I hope this means we'll start seeing more of you ;)

Kim said...

OK, my blog is up at writer132.blogspot.com!

Veronica said...

WHERE ARE YOU KARAWAY?? MAMA Pooks has missed her southern gal!!

demondoll said...

Karaway!!! Are you back? Please say you're back. K.A.R.A.W.A.Y!

Couch potato said...

I think your knitting is so purdy.I wish I had talent like that.

ElleDee said...

Thanks Taters! Good to see you again! ;)

ElleDee said...

Heck no! My mama hems my trousers and I am one happy gal!