Sunday, September 21, 2008

A quick post about non-excellence being pretty good

I haven't been posting because I've been really busy with work. The Man's family asked us to participate in a 2-mile run today, though, and I had to write about it. We didn't train at all but it was such a short race that I wasn't scared of not finishing, I was scared of being hella slow.
In any case, I ended up being 178 out of 400+ people. Yah, not great at all. What I was happy with was that I finished in 19:51. Two miles in less than 20 minutes! For not going to the gym lately and definitely not keeping up on my running, I was excited to not totally suck. One of the few times I didn't mind being mediocre. I didn't stop to walk but I'm sure I jogged really slow at times. In fact, there were little kids passing me by. That is not an exaggeration. There were 7-8 year olds bookin' it past me. Don't laugh, these same kids passed The Man by too. Fresno sure knows how to raise speedy kids. By the way, The Man did very well (he didn't train either) and clocked in at 18:10.
Anyway, there is talk amongst the family to participate in a 6-mile in December. Uh, we'll see about that.

6 comments:

demondoll said...

Ah, yes. When all manner of women-younger/older/fitter/larger swam past me, sometimes over me... I just thought,"I only learned how to swim, not to swim fast"

;-)

Seriously- I'm so stoked that you did so well with little training! You'll beat that speed for sure in Dec! If you go, I mean...
:-D

C said...

okay that made me laff when you said dont laff but it made me laugh even harder when I found out they passed up hubby. Tell your hubby I'm sorry for laughing at him. That wasn't very nice because my former smoking ass would be hyperventilating by the quarter mile and my D would just said hell no to all that strenous working out!

Girl...read my blog. I can hear you say it "oh no she didn't..."

Auntie Sassy said...

Nice work little lady! If it makes you feel any better, the reason I don't go snow skiing is because I can't stand getting my ass kicked by so many four year olds. ;)

Veronica said...

Wow. Running is NOT my friend. I hate it! You guys are the shits!

Also, just wondering if the man received his gift from the hubby-pie?

I never received a conformation from Amazon. But they charges my card...hmmm?

Just give me the heads up k?

Veronica said...

by charges...I meant charged

ElleDee said...

PS: I should add that I had forgotten my iPod and without music, I run ASS slow :P
Vero, The Man said he contacted Albert. After I read your message, I immediately asked him to be good boy and send a THANK YOU!