Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Roughly two weeks left ...

and then mama's back to the j-o-b. Although it feels like time has just flown by, crazily enough, I also can hardly remember my routine without The Bun. So going back to work seems so foreign to me right now.
I know most mommies go through this. But it truly feels like I'm entering a whole new chapter in my life. I'm not necessarily sad, I think it's more bittersweet. I know that I need to earn my keep ;) But I feel like Bun and I just figured things out and now it's going to be changed up again. I didn't realize how much I actually enjoy predictability until I had a baby.
She is teaching me so much. Patience, selflessness, love - even at 3 in the morning.
She's even taught me to not be so anxious ... who would have thought? But a person can only listen to her baby monitor at full volume for so long. It also helps that Bun is a snorter so I am oddly comforted by her snoring in the wee hours of the morning :)
OK, I lied. Well, unintentionally. As I'm writing this, I am getting sad. Part of me wants to go back to work and have that part of me that existed before I was a mommy. The part that helped define me - a working woman contributing to society. But I also want to be the person who sees The Bun's firsts FIRST. I want to be the person who plays with her in the morning and helps intoduce the new day to her. The person who showers The Bun with kisses after each diaper change.
But it will be OK. We will have new adventures. New routines. New milestones. And boy oh boy, I loooooooove my mom and am so grateful to her and her willingness to do pro-bono daycare:) She is awesome.

3 comments:

C said...

....you should read this when she becomes an unruly teenager. =)

my blog should be public now.

jen said...

You're going to be fabulous as a working mama! You're going to rock it out! :)

And yeah...thank goodness for your mama and the great thing that's free daycare. :D

Veronica Milan said...

Yes, that would be the only person I could leave my children with FT...Thank God for her!!