Friday, December 17, 2010

What happened?

I heard today that blogs are dying and it's primarily because of social networks like Facebook and Twitter.
My blog barely has a pulse.
I used to get irritated when people said, "I don't have time to _____" (fill in the blank) because I thought, "No. You're choosing not to MAKE time for ______."
I stand by my irritation. I still think it's true. And I admit, I haven't made time for blogging. Because it's so much quicker to write a one sentence update and upload a photo than it is to sit and think about stringing together several thoughts. Plus, I have many more friends and family on FB than I do on this. Sure, it's an open blog but I don't freely give my address to everyone. If they stumble upon it, fine. But they would be hard pressed to located it.
Anyway.
It's my favorite time of the year. And for whatever reason, I haven't really made the time to enjoy it! I remember the last time I felt this way was when I was at a job I didn't like and it drained all my energy. I don't know what it is this year. I suppose it's going to a wedding the first weekend of December and then it was my birthday weekend last weekend so we went out. But still, I don't know where the time goes.
But finally, FINALLY, the tree is up. For some reason, that seals the deal for the Christmas vibe. At least, for me. We had wreaths up but it just wasn't complete without the tree.
I love this time of the year. The Bun is old enough to hopefully enjoy it too. The Man asked for a demotion at work so he's leaving and coming home at a decent hour. Best of all, he's in a good mood and a lot less stressed. I know, it sounds funny that he would ask to be demoted but I worried about his health and basically well-being. While he was a good enough man to leave any frustration at work, he still carried a lot of that stress inside of him. And he was working crazy long hours and missing out The Bun's "firsts" of things like crawling up the stairs.
Thankfully, he was able to request a demotion and still have a job. And I'm thankful to be employed too. Our lives will never be perfect but I'm so very thankful for everything we have.
OK, so I've got to jet and get the baby ready to go. So no proof reading or anything! See? That's why I have a problem w/ blogging. I know that it's going to tick me off when I look back and see errors or wish I had written a thought a different way.
But my blog still has a pulse.

3 comments:

C said...

hey, I still find time to blog something every week, it may be a short blog but it still something. I dont even FB quotes or updates because I have some acquaintances that I would rather not share my feelings with....i'd rather do that on my blog with a total of 4 religious readers (if its even 4). My blog has helped me stay in order and still a place for me to vent....I still read your blog!

So, should I even ask..are you coming in january? =) I will be calling you soon to find out your entree choice.

Its a great thing The Man asked for a demotion. D had to teach me how to say no to the docs and teach me not to feel guilty about it. All the stress from work made me look horrible and totally unhealthy. so Kudos to The Man! There are other things way more important!

jen said...

I'm not so great on the bloggin either. I don't know what it is. I want to blog...but I get sucked into things like TheBump, FB, and Amazon. Ugh. Maybe I'll get better at it soon. :)

Veronica Milan said...

Blogging sucks the life out of me. It is so much easier to write one quick sentence.

As for the demotion, YAY, YAY! It sucks that it's probably less money, but time with family and stressing less is SO WORTH it!