Saturday, June 04, 2011

Baby, I'm not always there when you call, but I'm always on time ...

Those lyrics always confused me but it seems appropriate when describing my infrequency on Blogger. I know I'm constantly apologizing for the lag between entries and, in turn, bashing the allure and ease of FaceBook because that's what I update regularly.
My dear Blogger, you are like the beautiful wife that is wonderful but high maintenance. And FB is just that $20 hooker on the corner of Mission and King who easily fulfills my needs. (Aren't those always sketchy streets, no matter the city?) Yes, that's it. Blogger is my Elizabeth Hurley while FB is the funky lady Hugh Grant picked up to do a certain job which made us all shake our heads because, helloooo?! He had Elizabeth Hurley at home! (Not really, FB. You are more of a catch than that chick.) But you get what I'm trying to say.
Anyway.
I am much better at posting photos of The Bun on FB. But I'm trying to remember to post them here, too. Because this place, this is my special ode to my family, my quirky thoughts, and my simple yet lovely life. So here are some photos of The Bun:



Isn't she stinkin' adorable? She gives the best kisses now. Sometimes The Bun gives them away like candy, other times you either have to work for them or steal them. And just like a lady, she only gives them to those she knows very well.
That's my girl. Keep it up, especially in university. Heck, lets just make it a general rule, shall we?
She is growing so fast! She is enunciating more words and just advancing each day. She fills my heart much more than she breaks it. Those that see her on a daily basis swear she is very easy going and simply a joy to have around. Of course, I'm wary of these compliments because of course this is what people say to a mom! They wouldn't tell a mom her kid is a pain in the tuckus. But they insist that they wouldn't say it if it wasn't true.
She is pretty freakin' awesome.
I keep waffling between thinking it may be time to have another to oh helllllll no, I'm not ready. All the meanwhile, enjoying my time with her, The Man and our little family.
While I would love to have the body in my 20s (and I would really appreciate it a lot more than I ever did back then), I am so happy right now. CONTENT. That would be the right word. I feel very blessed.

3 comments:

Veronica Milan said...

We enjoyed ethan for 5 years. It was hard adding another kid. I'm not going to lie, I kept wndering if I had room enough in my heart to love 2 kids JUST the same. It is a tough balance and any mom that says...I LOVE THEM JUST THE SAME...is full of shit. You don't...you love them to pieces but they are 2 different humans and you love them for those differences.
I am having a REALLY hard time balancing being a good mom to 3...I'm not sure if it's the baby blues or what this is...but I feel as if someone is being neglected at all times...take my advice...2 is good enough. :)

ElleDee said...

Vero-girl, I adore you because you always speak the TRUTH. And I appreciate it:)

Veronica Milan said...

You are welcome. :)

You will LOVE giving Ava a sibling. It will melt your heart the first time you see them kiss, hold hands, snuggle in bed, play well together or giggle and be goofy.

Everyone kept telling me the second child would be easier. It was in the sense that you aren't as paranoid and that you have a good idea of what to expect...e.g. baby is crying his head off, drooling, fussy as hell...well, duh...teething! lol We were so naive with ethan. poor kid! lol