Wednesday, May 01, 2013

It's official. No, really. It's done-done.

Two days ago, we gave the keys (and garage opener remotes) to the buyers' realtor. I've been meaning to blog about it, blog about this entire experience, but I haven't found the time. Honestly, between work, moving and a toddler, my head has pretty much been up my ass.
I didn't cry. I'm so thankful, I was worried because the day after we moved to the apartment, I cried. Twice. But having a month to deal with the move - from the time escrow closed to the time we gave up our keys - so much time has passed.
I'm a praying woman. Even when I didn't go to church which I think was a little over a decade, I've been a praying woman. Well, I'm now more than ever. Strike that, I think after the tough times last year and finally finding a church we can attend as a family, my prayers have been a lot more meaningful. And specific.
While our first loan was pre-approved, our second loan was denied. And every day there are articles in the news stating how home prices continue to rise. So now we know the housing hit rock bottom and we're on an upswing. Not good for home buyers like us who can't even look yet because homes are flying off the market.
I'm thankful for our health. I'm so thankful for The Man and our strong relationship. I'm thankful to have a clever, easy-going, beautiful little girl and two adorable pups who make my days better. But I pray every day that we can get this show on the road before we get priced out of the market.

2 comments:

Veronica Milan said...

There is always Madera. lol I know, I know, That's like saying, "there's always a cardboard box under the freeway". lol Madera is hot and ugly.
I will pray things move quickly and with his perfect timing, BUT hopefully his timing is quickly. lol

jen said...

Things will work out for the best, I'm sure of it :)

Hope the house-hunting isn't too stressful.