Saturday, September 21, 2013

The Bun's First Day of Preschool



(Posted two weeks later)
So proud of her! She had such a great attitude in the morning. No tears from her ... Or mama! It is a much busier place than her day care but she adjusted like a champ! According to her teachers, she was reserved but friendly. And helpful! If only I can get her to be as helpful at home;)
In the two weeks she's been there, The Bun has already made two "best friends". I'm not sure if she knows what a best friend really is but the afternoon said they're very nice.
I told The Man I was concerned she would be attracted to kids that aren't very nice (I call them frenemies-kids who say they like you but than do mean things). I admit, these are the kind of kids I was drawn to when I was younger and relationships with frenemies are so unhealthy!) Especially since there was one child her day care provider said was The Bun's best friend. But The Bun would tell me at home how this child would behave and this kid sounded like a bully. I worried that she would have the same bad habit about picking friends as her mama. But these two girls she calls her friends sound like a good bunch:)
I hope she continues to have a wonderful time. Knowing The Bun is having a happy childhood makes the daily grind well worth it.

No comments: