Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Forgive my negligence

I arrived home last Friday around 11pm and could not sleep for two days - I was up for 48 hours. (Props to Tater for taping Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives and Lost. Gave me something to do to pass the time.) Finally, I slept 12 hours on Monday. Unfortunately, I woke up 2am today and have been awake since.

Jeg lag is a bitch.

I had a blast with my family in the Philippines. This was the best vacation I've had there so far. (It probably helped that no one called me fat. In fact, they said I looked like I lost weight. Don't think it's really true, though - I am five years older and I think my face just lost some baby fat.) I was able to do a lot of fun stuff, hang out with my very cool cousins, nieces and nephews, and actually relax.

Here are some pictures until I get it together and am able to write a decent entry:









These pictures were taken on the resort island of Boracay. This is when I love 35mm film more than digital pics. Sometimes digital is too clear. Had these pictures been taken with a digital camera, you would see the beads of perspiration on all of us. Boracay was BY FAR hotter than any of the other places I visited while in the Philippines. Hot damn, seriously.

5 comments:

Veronica said...

You must show the flying-LULU pics....weee!!

I'm glad you made it safely back home. Thanks for keeping us up to date.

Oh, props to the family...being told your fat is just plain 'ol fucked up!

;)

ElleDee said...

DAM-mit! I'm up AGAIN. I tried, I really tried to go back to sleep. I couldn't. I even took a Benadryl. Am I destined for crappy sleep the rest of my life? Usually, I only have bad sleep when I'm stressed out. I'm not even that worried about stuff.

I. JUST. CAN'T. SLEEP.

ElleDee said...

And since I'm on a tirade about lack of postings (b/c now that I'VE posted, I'm not a hypocrite:) can someone tell me WHERE THE H IS KARAWAY?

It's like you go on vacation and $hit happens while you're gone. The nerve of people going on with their lives and such!

Unknown said...

Wow! It's so beautiful there! :) I'd go but they'd probably have all sorts of things to say about how fat I am. :)

demondoll said...

Girrrrrl, y'all are next to the back end of a centaur! What up with that statue?!
I am so glad you had a great time. Most of our family is pretty swelleriffic!
You gots to get some sleep!!!
xoxoxoxo
PS Where is Karaway??? Did she already move?