Thursday, June 01, 2006

I believe in fairies

A married couple in their early 60s were out celebrating their 35th wedding anniversary in a quiet, romantic little restaurant. Suddenly, a tiny yet beautiful fairy appeared on their table and said,

"For being such an exemplary married couple and for being faithful to each other for all this time, I will grant you each a wish."

"Oh, I want to travel around the world with my darling husband" said the wife.

The fairy waved her magic wand and - poof! - two tickets for the Queen Mary II luxury liner appeared in her hands.


Then it was the husband's turn. He thought for a moment and said, "Well, this is all very romantic, but an opportunity like this will never come again. I'm sorry my love, but my wish is to have a wife 30 years younger than me."

The wife and the fairy were deeply disappointed, but a wish is a wish... So the fairy waved her magic wand and - poof! - the husband became 92 years old.


The moral of the story:
Men who are ungrateful bastards should remember that fairies are female.

7 comments:

Yella said...

hehehehehehehe... I always love that joke. Why do men get to be ungrateful anyway, getting younger wives and stuff without anyone batting an eye? And if women complain about needing a haircut or new clothes, say, we get the "there she goes again, don't you know you live in America"... and that is usually from the women in my life!

demondoll said...

Hahahaha! I love that one!!!
The obsession with youth makes me sad. But mebbe that's becuz I am not young! ;)

Couch potato said...

Hahahahahahaha boys are so stupid :)

Veronica said...

Ddoll- you may say you are not young....but giiirl you look GOOD!You fool everyone, for sure. Beautiful woman! :)

hehehe...If I was that wife...I'd grab that wand and hit him in the head, the amnesia will make him think otherwise. ;)

ElleDee said...

You're very nice Pooks. I think I'd stick that wand where the sun don't shine. Mmm-hmm.

BpSnake (PJ Daddy) said...

I'm not speaking as an "ungrateful bastard", but this is just an observation from a male point-of-view:

Fairies may be female, but Genies are male!

My one wish from a fairy would be to get a Genie. That way, I'd get THREE wishes, not just one!

demondoll said...

Too true, genies give 3 wishes LOL!