Saturday, April 12, 2008

And away we go!

Leaving you with just a small portion of our wedding music. The Man and I chose these songs together ... he was actually interested in giving his input and I was actually happy to have it!

Introduction of Groom & Groom's mother/Best Man & Matron of Honor
E Ku'u Morning Dew by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
The Man chose this song because he loves this artist's music. I do, too.

Processional - Bride & parents
White Sandy Beach by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
We chose this song because Jon instantly fell in love with it when he heard it for the first time. And we both love the beach ... it's one of our favorite places to be together. We are so happy to be getting married by the ocean.

Recessional
Somewhere Over the Rainbow/ What a Wonderful World by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
I love this song so much - ever since I saw the most beautiful hula choreographed to it in San Francisco. It took a little convincing for The Man to OK it. He thinks it's played out (we've heard it at two other weddings) and it's often used for commercials, as well. But I adore it so The Man gave in :)

Signing of wedding certificate/ license
The Road That Never Ends by Keali'i Reichel
I've also seen a beautiful hula danced to this song. The lyrics just seem perfect for when we seal the deal ;) Unfortunately, it is not on Project Playlist.

Wedding Video
For Once in My Life by Stevie Wonder
Our videographer asked us to choose three songs for our wedding video. In addition to White Sandy Beach, Somewhere Over the Rainbow/ What a Wonderful World, we also chose this song because we love Stevie Wonder and the lyrics to For Once in my Life. We almost chose Overjoyed but The Man said it might make the entire video too emotional. The Stevie Wonder version is not on Project Playlist so we will make do with Frank Sinatra on the blog but Stevie is what we wanted for our memories :)

6 comments:

demondoll said...

*crying with joy*

Yipeeeee!!! I can't wait!!!!!!!!!

Anna M said...

Beautiful choices!

Veronica said...

oh, how I will miss you guys. So many happy thoughts, prayers, and love sending them your way!!!

Veronica said...

I'm pretending I was there. :)

Veronica said...

Yay, married!! Tell the man, yay!! he finally did it!! 175 years later.... he did it! ;)

demondoll said...

MHO- the music selections were perfect!