Thursday, April 10, 2008

What is UP with the airlines?!

At least another one has NOT bitten the dust. They have just grounded 1 of every 3 flights for the past two days. Hmmm. I checked the website and it looks like they project major cancellations from now until Sunday.

I'm a little nervous for my guests. I have three people flying on American Airlines, one of which is supposed to leave on Sunday. What. A. Pain. I hope that their flights go as scheduled. If not, I hope that there is at least some sort of resolution that can occur with the hotels so they don't have to pay for fees if, heaven forbid, they end up not being able to make it.
What the HELL is going on with all these airlines?!?!
OK, enough about that ... happy thoughts.
I think most of you know where I'm getting married. This is where the ceremony will be taking place:


I am NOT using chair covers (they are $20 a pop.) Nor will I have a big flower arrangement above us ... but you get the gist. There will be an aisle runner with loose orchids framing the sides. And the ocean will be our backdrop which makes me so very happy.
Here is where our reception is taking place:


Half of the party will be on solid flooring (I figured it would be easier for our older guests) and half will be in the sand. We could have had everyone on solid flooring but I like the idea of being right on the beach. The restaurant has replaced the tents with a permanent awning. What I liked about this venue is that we will be very close to the water. In fact, the only assigned seating we did was the sweetheart table ... when people look at the two of us, the ocean will be right behind us.
Everything I envision, in my head, seems really wonderful. I'm hoping it ends up that way in real life!

5 comments:

demondoll said...

I can hardly wait!!!!!


(er,I know I packed underoos, but now they aren't in the suitcase or anywhere else to be found...)
awkmzpnd

Veronica said...

Have a fun day. We wish you guys the absolute best on this wonderful day. Enjoy it!!

C said...

please oh PLEASE don't let it be another airline.

ElleDee said...

Fun little fact the reception vendor just told us: Universal Pictures is releasing the movie "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" on Sunday, the 13th. Several scenes in the movie were shot at the restaurant - the previews are running now- hope you and your guests can see it to get a preview of where your celebration will be.

Anna M said...

Everything looks so beautiful.

Don't worry. Just HAVE FUN and don't forget to EAT!