Friday, August 22, 2008

I know that ...

my life is generally good and I am a blessed individual. But there are days ... there are just some days where while you know it could be a helluva lot worse, it could also be a helluva lot better. And I know that there is so much sorrow in the world right now but I'm going to allow me to have these moments of self-centeredness because in my ittybitty bubble, it's a little bit crappy.
I have been working long hours for work. It's my busy season and I fully expected to work long hours. Today was the end of my first week transitioning into this period and it ended with a doozie.
I got into a car accident.
I'm fine and the other person's fine. But with the point already on my record for a ticket that I evidently didn't clear (even though I did take traffic school), this will bring my insurance to an all time high. Of course, there are the repairs, too. We have a $500 deductible and tomorrow we will find out the grand total of damages.
I don't think I'm a materialistic person but I do like nice things. When it comes to cars, though, I've never driven a car that was anything special. Gertie was my first really nice car. And then I go and wreck it.
Someone just took a big fat dump in my cheerios :(
------------------------------------
9:21pm Update: Nothing like some of this to take the edge off of a suck ass day -

Yes, this has become a drunk entry. It was a rough day today. The Man likes NetFlix and had "Be Kind and Rewind" so while we watched that DVD, I had a lot a bit of this:

Yup. I'm drunk.
Because I felt so bad for all the added expenses I just put on us for getting into an accident and drowned my sorrows (and worries) in Riesling. Damn. I feel so bad because it just feels like I've been an added expense since we got married instead of contributing to the household.
Bummer, huh?
I love The Man. And I wish that I felt like I was adding something to this partnership but right now I feel like, I don't know, the third puppy or something.
Except I don't eat my poo. Thank goodness.
Anyway, here I am drunk but I don't think it's safe for me to bake. Because I love drunk baking (don't you know.) Instead, three glasses down, I thought wouldn't it be a magnificent idea to blog! That being said, don't be surprised if this entry is deleted tomorrow. Oh, and another expense is the rental car I'll have until my car is fixed. Sweet.
PS: The cherry on the top is that I got my driver's license today and it is fugly. Of course it would be ... why would I deserve a cute one?

7 comments:

Veronica said...

AWW that sucks major ass! I am so glad the man picked a safe car, can you imagine...you might be sitting in the hospital right about now. AND Albert says, he knows the man...that is the least of his worries (money)...you are his wife and he is probably just glad you are okay!

Oh, and I totally understand that whole 3rd puppy thing...I laughed out loud. I contribute nothing...you at least have a job. :)

Hang in there girl.

We love you and thank God it was just the car!

Veronica Milan said...

It was on the 21st. :) No worries. ;)

demondoll said...

What a hellacious week :-(
I love you so much, I wish I could make it better!!!
I can't wait to see you in 2 days, we'll knit, and I'll get you drunk on wine. When I get home from my adorable job, I mean!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Get better soon, Gertie.

demondoll said...

Oh, and my drivers pic is all kinds of fug, too. I think it's a requirement.
When you have more patience, you can go and tell them you done lost your id, and get a new pic for I think 12 dollah? I'll check it out...

Anna M said...

Honey...stop beating yourself up. Accidents do happen. The most important thing is that you are ok.

This too shall pass!

Have a great weekend baby!

Veronica said...

...please tell the man HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! His gift is in the mail! Oh, and I was feeling so sorry for your DL picture and then. I got mine last week. I quickly hid the stupid thing!!

C said...

this is starting to piss me off. I tried saving two of my comments and it won't save. so once AGAIN. I got a new phone but I dont have your numbers saved. I called your house (at least I think it was your house) but its hooked to a fax.

some pix are up of Hawaii!

okay talk to you later!