Thursday, August 07, 2008

Physically a LAZY week

I've taken a week off of all gym activities. So no personal training Monday, Wednesday or Friday and no cardio on Tuesday or Thursday - no working out, period. I haven't been doing yoga for a few weeks now because both my Chiropractic Intern and Yoga Teacher advised me to take a break for a few months. Evidently yoga is awesome if all your muscles are in already-fantastic condition. Not so great if you have an injury. I've had this shoulder injury that I've kind of ignored for over a year (not a brilliant move on my part) so no Yoga for MamaLu ... at least, for a few months. Out of all the different things I do, Yoga is my favorite. It's not necessarily the most effective (cardio is the best and, of course, my least favorite) but I like that it challenges my flexibility, builds strength and is the closest thing to meditation I will probably ever do. I'm not a fan of the oms and stuff like that which is why I like "Power Yoga." So when I say meditation, I mean being in a headstand or arm balance and trying not to fall over. Not quite the same but close enough for me!
Anyway, lazy week. Probably not good for me but I keep squashing that guilty feeling that creeps up. I had one big meeting on Monday and I have two big meetings today. I also had a workshop on Tuesday where I had to give a short presentation. I just didn't feel like rushing after going to the gym, getting ready, scrambling to prep for these meetings and then rush to get there on time. Well, that the excuse I'm sticking with anyway:)
Today I'm driving my ass on over to Tracy for the first time for work. It's just become part of my new territory and I'm doing my best to embrace it. I don't think it's necessarily a horrible commute but I've never had personal business to do there and I don't even think I've driven through Tracy just to get to where I want to go. What I'm saying is that Tracy has never been a destination of mine. It's just not a place I ever visit. Ever. Hehehe ... but I do now! So wish me luck that the drive won't be heinous and will, hopefully, be relatively painless.

2 comments:

Anna M said...

Here's to hoping your drive will not be heinous from someone who drives all day long!

Have a great weekend!

demondoll said...

No yoga for months?! Oh, noooo! :-(

I'm glad the trip to Tracy went well. What a drive, hm?