Saturday, August 02, 2008

Nothing much ... how about you?

Nothing extraordinary or freakishly abnormal has happened to me lately so I don't have much to write about.
Still a very happy newlywed ... how long are we labeled newlyweds, anyway? In any case, the brand spankin' new marriage is still a sweet deal so no complaints there. He's a good guy who doesn't expect me to cook for him every night so what more can I ask for? Kidding, my expectations are a little higher than that. And he does exceed them :0)
There has been some hiccups regarding work (for instance, there is a salary increase freeze right now.) While it all really stinks, I'm very happy that we haven't resorted to rounds of lay-offs. The job market, hell, the economy is a very scary thing right now so I'm willing to ride this through. Of course, it helps out a lot that I still love my job and I'm pretty thankful for that. I have a mini-vacation to look forward to because we're visiting Sister at the end of the month - woot! The Man is turning 31 years old and since it's his birthday and I picked the location, this trip is on me. Little does he know we are going to be quite intimate with McDonald's and the fast food chains. Joke.
Oh yah! So I have to still deal with the DMV because I still need to change my name. So not only did I get kicked in the teeth with having a point on my record for the next three years but I have other business with that forsaken place. And now with all that's going down between the Governator and state employees, I hear the DMV is more effed up than ever. Damn! So what was an hour wait is at least double, if not more. The workers are pissed and I don't blame them. Oh you better believe I'm making an appointment! Unless ... can I change my name through the internet? I don't think I can do it without going in person but I thought I'd just throw that out there.
Volunteering a little bit of time for work at the Fremont Art & Wine Festival tomorrow. Wonder if I can have some wine while volunteering?? A gal can dream ...

5 comments:

Anna M said...

Why do you think that I still haven't officially changed my name? It's a pain in the ass! I did order this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1586180010. But, I have yet to use it!

I hope you get to drink at the Food & Wine Festival!

Veronica said...

yup, totally not worth it! hahah

I sometimes wonder why they make it so hard on a gal?

C said...

I've been wanting to comment about this DMV stuff. Can you take care of the name change at AAA? I try not to go to the DMV unless have to. I will pay my 76 dollar membership to AAA just to do all my DMV stuff through AAA. Its so much more pleasant.

demondoll said...

I am making stink-face regarding DMV. So not right.

On the other hand, wine and cheese festival? mmmmm-face!

Kim said...

No, unfortunately they won't let you do it via Internet. But do make an appointment...it goes much faster. And I believe we're still "newlyweds" until the first year is up. ;)