Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I have a soft cervix. How about you?

At least, that's what my doctor told me as of Monday :)
So I'm going into my 37th week. I sleep anywhere from 4 to 6 hours a night, not consecutively. I wake up 3-5 times a night to use the restroom. That is my response whenever I'm asked, "How are you feeling?" And then they usually follow it up with, "Oh well that's great practice for you!"
Well, gee. Thanks.
Sticky Bun is showing off her acrobatics now. I had told The Man that she moves slowly. Before I could say, "Like Tai Chi" he asked, "Like a stripper?"
"NO MAN! LIKE TAI CHI!" I yelled at him! "And it can't be good for you to already compare her to a stripper!"
Sheesh.
Her room is all set. Boring and very pink but all set. I didn't want to paint because who am I to tell her what colors she will like? Plus I'm lazy. Today we just got her co-sleeper which we need to set up in our room. The Man is waiting to put in the car seat but it's all ready to go in the garage. I've packed my bag for the hospital and hope that I thought of everything. Luckily, we live three minutes away so if I do forget something, he can go back and get it. Unless it's something I will need during labor. Then I think we're going to have to just write it off.
As I mentioned, my doctor told me that my cervix is soft. She also said that she thought she felt the head. Let me just write that it was not at all comfortable. My blood pressure is back to being excellent and I'm keeping my blood sugar in check. The doctor reiterated that I need to make sure I continue to do so or else baby will build fat on her shoulders. And it doesn't take a genius to know that THAT isn't at all good for me. I see the doctor every week until the baby arrives.
One thing is for sure ... she's a-comin'!

3 comments:

jen said...

YAY for SB's arrival!!! I think we're all on pins and needles waiting to meet her.

And I totally had a giggle about what G said... It'd be just like Arun to say the same thing! :) hehe (boys I tell ya!)

<3 to you in your last few weeks!

Veronica Milan said...

AHHH!

I remember that feeling. It's a little alien like...ethan flipped like crazy up in here. I actually hate that feeling. It gave me goose bumps EVERY. SINGLE. TIME!

HAA! Like a stripper. Geez!! hahah I must share that with albert!


Yeah, it sucks...the no sleep crap. I also hate when people say, it's gunna hurt like hell. Well, thanks. I think I know that. I'm smart enough to imagine 7.2oz pushed from a 10cm hole...yeah...shut the hell up.

But we survived, and God, it was beautiful.

I can't wait to meet her...You all are going to love her SO SO much! I keep giving albert a count down...2 more weeks and G & Lulu are parents....hahah yup, I'm a nerd.

I can't wait to pop this one out either. April can't hurry any faster....

Kim said...

Oh man, I hated the cervix checks. So uncomfortable!! Hate to back up the comments about getting good practice waking up often, but...I've been getting like 2-3 hours of sleep a night. So yes, good practice! Of course, I also have an uberfussy baby...