Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Swing shift

I'm sure you wanted to know all about my cervix in its 38th week but that's going to have to wait.
The Man is at a new project for two weeks and it requires him to work from 4pm to 1:30am and the household is topsy turvy with this one! OK, it's not sooo bad but thank goodness I'm on travel restriction with work and that this is also my last week before maternity leave. Because I don't know how peppy I would be next week on this same schedule.
I'm already a light sleeper due to the body invasion I'm currently experiencing. So when The Man comes home around 2ish am, even if he was Ninja stealth-like, I'd probably still wake up. But he's not. And the pups go ape $hit when he comes home so I just wake up. Bless his heart, he tries to be relatively quiet. And he's so pooped that all he wants to do is take a shower and go to bed. But the dogs act like it's Christmas day when he comes home. So when he makes his way to the bedroom, I say hello, wait for things to settle down and then go back to sleep. Of course, because he basically is my binkie or teddy bear, it's hard to sleep with him not in the bed anyway. I get into bed around 9pm but don't fall into a good sleep until after 11pm. It doesn't help that the pups are like those faulty car alarms in the city. You know, the ones that go off for nothing and just piss you off because they stay on for what feels like hours and hours? Well, I love my pups but that's kind of what they do. I'm guessing it's because the Alpha dog isn't home and it's freaking them out that the "pack" is not all together. At least, that's what I tell myself so I don't give them the boot and make them outside dogs.
And in case you were dying to know, the doctor said that this week my cervix is paper thin and the head has dropped lower. I'm surprised I'm not sitting on her.

4 comments:

Veronica Milan said...

OMG. I am so excited....and scared cause soon, I will be in the same boat....did your hips hurt like hell? Mine are stretching a whole lot more with this one. I hope it is NOT an indication of how big the head is....yikes!

EEEK! She is almost here!!!

ElleDee said...

I'm telling you, the doctor makes it sound like I could slap her a high five right now :)
My hips don't hurt but I'm getting those lovely Braxton Hicks contractions. Luckily, I'm usually home because I sound like I have tourettes, abruptly cursing for what looks like no reason.

jen said...

Oh my gosh! YAY for SB's arrival. We're all so so so excited, as you can tell. hehe :)

Seriously, did you teach The Man to tweet or update your status on FB? ;)

or do you have a "SB arrival phone/text tree" set up?

Just wondering. :D

ElleDee said...

The Man doesn't know how to tweet (neither do I, actually!) Not sure about FB either. But we'll see if we can get the word out somehow ;)