Thursday, September 10, 2009

35th Week

Well gestational diabetes certainly showed ME who's boss, didn't it?
Evidently, although my numbers were just a wee bit high, the higher-than-normal-for-me blood pressure did not sit well with the doc and I find myself pricking my finger(s) 4x a day.
I think the (months) of lack of sleep coupled with my weight gain finally took a toll on me and I got hit by the drama truck. I mean, I haven't been too moody or emotional this entire time. Truth be told, it's probably far better than when I used to get my periods. But I was just EXHAUSTED and hearing that I was going to have to test my blood four times a day, once when I wake up, each time exactly one hour after every meal and check in with a nurse once a week ... well, I just thought, "Mother f*cker, yet another thing I have to remember or do on top of everything else?" and I teared up. Then, when The Man came home and asked me how my day went and I told him, I just cried. And I think I was cursing. In any case, he didn't know what to do with his mess of a wifey except say, "Honey, why don't you book a spa treatment this weekend?"
So I did. And it was lovely. I finally had a GOOD prenatal massage (they do exist!) And things didn't seem so bad, after all.
That was two weeks ago, I think. I'm now in my 35th week and thinking about three things:
1. I have a ton of work I need to get done before going on maternity leave so that my boss doesn't think I'm some sort of slacker when she takes over.
2. OH. MY. GOSH. I'm going to be a MOMMY in 3-5 (I'm not even going to accept 6 as an option) weeks!!!
3. OH. HEEEEELLLLLLLLL. She's going to have to come out one way or another. Am I mentally and physically ready?!
Now I don't think of these three things every single moment but I do think about them repeatedly every single day. I also plead with myself and the higher power that, "Please oh please let me lose the weight I've gained. And please let me have something SIMILAR to the body that I had before." Shallow, I know but this is the society we live in and there is incredible pressure. I also think (because I AM a good person), "Please please please let Sticky Bun be healthy" which I do pray for every day.
So these are the running thoughts, among the million, I have in my head multiple times a day. And now I have to get off blogger because mama needs to w-o-r-k.

2 comments:

Veronica Milan said...

Oh girl..I hear you. It sucks! BUT it will be so worth it in the end. I was so scared...because they tell you if you feed your baby too much sugar..well that makes for big babies and I was NO way in hell pushing a 10-11 pound baby from my hoo-ha! NOPE.

jen said...

You'll be a wonderful mom! And SB will be a perfect little baby...we're all so excited to finally meet her! :)

Here's to a drama-free 3-5 weeks left of your first pregnancy!

Lots of <3 and happy thoughts being sent your way.