Thursday, November 26, 2009

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Ahh, the official kick off holiday to Christmas season! Love it!
I've been meaning to finish the Birth Story but it takes time. And I realize that the second entry in that little series sounded bitter. Well, it wasn't horrible but it definitely wasn't the most fun I've had. So I want to be in a really positive state when I write the ending. I also had some post partum blues that I want to write about because it's something not a lot of mommies talk/write about.
I want to also write about Sticky Bun. She is getting quite a personality and she makes me laugh, even in the middle of the night when I'm tired. She has so many quirky noises and looks. She recently started giving me this "What you talkin' about, Willis?" look and I have no idea where it came from! She also has these facial expressions when she's pooping. I don't really need those faces to tell, though, because I can HEAR her poop. It's like her butt is percolating but instead of coffee, it's poop. And I'm waiting, well, we're ALL waiting, to see a real smile. Because I think it will be beautiful.
Anyway, those are the things that are in my head but want to write down. But that will all have to wait. Because I need to seize the day (or this moment) and take the opportunity to take a shower.
Happy Thanksgiving, my dear small group of blog friends! It's hard to believe that we've been reading each other for YEARS. And it's one of the things I'm thankful for ... I love you guys!

1 comment:

jen said...

Happy Turkey Day to you, too, LD! :) (I'm a bit late, though)

Can't wait to hear the rest of the story of how Miss Ava came into this world... And I think it'll be great to hear your take on all the "after" stuff that comes with being a new mommy. You're right when you say no one really talks about the blues, but the more power to you for bringing into the conversation...there is no need to feel bad for having those feelings/emotions; I think it makes it worse if you don't talk about it!

:) Alrighty hope you're enjoying your holiday weekend!