Thursday, January 21, 2010

Pups, turn overs, grabbing and such

Dear Bun,

The pups still respect your space. Well, if they can see you. When I cover your legs with a blanket, Pili has a bad tendency to step on the blanket, not knowing she's actually stepping on you. But whenever you cry hard, your furry sisters come racing to you and then giving me this look like, "Well? Aren't you going to DO something? FIX HER!" Although I know Piko loves you too, Pili is the one that comes into your room when your Daddy and I go through the night time routine and say good night to you. What's funny is that she sometimes forgets that when we turn off the light, it's time to go. We have to prompt her. We know this because, one time, we left your room and heard a couple minutes later one bark. Just one. Daddy quietly opened your door and Pili was waiting patiently on the other side. I thought it was very polite of her not to want to wake you.
You recently learned to turn over from your stomach to your back. I'm happy for you but I can't help dread that days I can leave you on my bed like an upside down turtle are gone. You are still slow to turn over but I know that rolling is just around the corner.
You are grabbing more and more. Last week, you grabbed my glasses. You constantly grab my hair but you've been doing that for a while so I suppose I'll be wearing ponytails, buns and braids until you're five.
Next week, I'll write about your teeth coming in (oh lawdee, you are NOT happy about that!), finding a daycare provider and our maternity leave time coming to an end. I'm not excited about that but I know you will be in good hands.

Love,
Mama

2 comments:

C said...

Good luck on your first day back at work. I couldn't imagine how hard it would be. Just don't feel guilty for not spending enough time with Sticky Bun (my girlfriend constantly feels horrible about leaving her kids with her parents).

my blog is up cynht.blogspot.com I think the url link you have still works.

demondoll said...

So many milestones the first months!!!!