Monday, August 13, 2012

More power than she'll ever know

Sometimes I have awful, miserable days. Sometimes, she is the saving grace of my day. She makes me put on a brave face because I can't let her see my misery. She makes me be better because I'm selfless instead of selfish. And, if I'm really lucky, I forget the black cloud following me around.
It's a lot of power for a wee little one. I can't really say that I give it to her because that's too much responsibility. But I think, beyond her and me, it just is what it is. For that, I feel so blessed that this wonderfully sweet, funny, charming and beautiful girl is my daughter.

The Bun's first coconut. Yum! Well, fan of the juice, not so much of the flesh.
First time bravely climbing the fence to see the water (yikes!) and the first time seeing this little creek. She was so happy. Lucky for me, her happiness is infectious.
I love her so so much.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

HUGS to you mama! :( hope the rain clouds part soon. How can you not smile when you see that cutie pie! xoxo