Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Post Haze - Day 1

While there is definitely still pain, the Vicodin is affecting me more negatively than positively.
I find the haziness beneficial because it kind of makes me void of emotion. Unfortunately, it also brings me to the brink of sleep and then yanks me back. Every time. I wake up every two hours, rendering me pretty useless awake or asleep. Another side affect is that I'm seriously constipated. No go, amigo. Even with a generous amount of prune juice.
Since Vicodin takes away most pain, I've had to replace it with an arsenal of alternatives:
I have Ibuprofen, GasX, throat spray (sore from the breathing tube) and good old prune juice.
According to my post surgery directions, I also have to walk to get my bowels active and the shoulder pain (from air pumped into my stomach) to dissipate. So I'm walking extremely slow for 20 minutes, three times a day. All while taking shots of prune juice.

- Posted using BlogPress via iPhone

2 comments:

jen said...

I hope you start to feel better soon. Constipation is the most annoying thing ever! What are you doing to pass the time? Reading? Movie watching?

ElleDee said...

Reading, sleeping ... But I have to go back to work on Monday:(