Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Quality time with out-of-town family

It just seemed like a good day to head out to Half Moon Bay. While it was warm in our city, I warned my mom-in-law, Nanay, and brother-in-law, CJ, that it was going to be cold. I'm not sure if they believed me. They live in the Central Valley which was in the midst of 100+ degrees so my suggestion probably sounded nuts. But they donned some jeans and sweatshirts.
I did not lead them astray. We got to HMB and it was chilly!


Who would've thought this photo was taken in July?


Is my girl giving stink eye? Noooo, she's just squinting:)


It is really difficult to find a photo in which everyone is looking into the camera. The bigger the group, the more challenging the task!


Nanay LOVED this weather. She said it was like a different world.

We went on a Sunday and stumbled upon a Farmers' Market. There was produce, of course, but inside the harbor center, there were artists. I fell in love with this piece:


How beachy is this? I'm familiar with sand dollars but I don't think I've seen puffy shells like the ones framing the mirror. So pretty!
But The Man wasn't a huge fan. One, he didn't like that the artist never said hi to me. I had gone back several times to admire it and then to bring The Man over.
I'm the type of person who will walk out of store in a hot second, even if I really wanted to buy something and had items in my hand or cart, if I felt like I was being ignored or slighted in comparison to other customers. But I wasn't deterred by this artist. She was ignoring EVERYONE. I wasn't being treated unfairly. The artist evidently didn't like people, in general. The Man wasn't buying it though, figuratively and literally.
Second, he thought $60 was too much. I understand his point. Sure, this mama has a glue gun, can buy paint and go out to the beach and collect shells. But would I? It takes some effort and, quite frankly, I have never seen those shells before! How would I ever find that many of them? While a bit steep, I would be willing to pay that amount. But marriage is about compromise and The Man didn't like the attitude or price.
If you know where I can find those shells, let me know!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have a stage name "elledee" :) I like it!