Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Burglarized

I'm not sure what to write. I know I don't want to go into great detail just because it's depressing.
Our house was burglarized yesterday afternoon. We have an alarm system, a very loud one at that, and two yappy dogs. But they still hit up our house.
I'm thankful they didn't hurt or kill our pups. I tell you, when The Man told me to come home immediately, I was so worried about our furry babies. Then, of course, are our belongings and memories. I'm thankful that, while our alarm didn't stop them from intruding, it did cause them to move fast and be in and out in two minutes. They took what they could shove into their pockets or bag and was easily carried while they jumped our fence.
Ironically, The Man and I have been talking about moving to another city because The Bun would be starting school next year. We contemplated staying in our current home and paying for private school or moving to be in a better school district. I was apprehensive about moving because, while our school district is the pits, we are blessed with a nice new home in a good neighborhood. If we were to move, we can only afford an older home that would need repairs. Plus, I've become more reserved when it comes to change.
It appears that we are being not-so-softly nudged into considering a new place to call home.

2 comments:

Veronica Milan said...

Do it. Albert will gladly help out with repairs. He knows Gil is pretty much alone on this. PLEASE let him know he isn't alone. Albert is very handy and fixed our house from NOT liveable to decent. I am so sorry this happened, trust I know those emotions, I know that feeling. I know how pissed I felt. I understand your hurt. It sucks. I thank God he took care of your pups and made sure he kept you 3 safe.
We are always here for you.

ElleDee said...

The Man and I are so thankful and grateful for your offer. It's going to be a process but we'll definitely keep you posted. Thank you so much.