Monday, February 18, 2013

It's starting...

Today we sign the listing agreement. The realtor will also take photos of our home to post when we list. It's funny. We got rid of quite a bit of clothes and some electronics to start the moving process. But we still have a bunch of stuff. To prepare for the photos today, we're playing, "hide the clutter" in order for our home look appealing!
I'm doing my best to trust all will work out. But here are the anxiety-ridden questions consuming in no particular order:
- Where do we hide all our valuables and important docs when we have to have an open house or show it? I don't want people snooping in our home or potential burglars casing out our home! (Paranoia that may or may not be influenced by recent events...I'm a worrier by nature.)
- How are we going to pack while make the house look show-ready? We can't!:(
- We still need to find an apartment to live in that will rent month to month. I hope this doesn't deplete our funds.
- Looking at what we can afford to buy that's in our budget. It's looking bleak. We knew we would have to downsize because we were looking to spend less money and move to a better school district. But even condos are not meeting our budget. This means looking into the boonies.
- I don't dislike the boonies but what about my parents? While they operate independently, they are slowing down a lot. They need help driving far distances and places unfamiliar to them, even if close by. Also, The Bun sees them at least twice a week. They will see her (and us) far less if we move an hour away. I worry about them. Feels like they're aging so fast now
- The particular boonies we are looking at is nice. But so far from family and friends. I'm a Bay Area girl to the bone. Born and raised. I love it here. But its looking like we can't afford it here.
- We're selling at a loss. But that's because it's the time to buy with prices and percentage rates being low. But it's also a buying frenzy. Bids are being declined because people have cash! What if we don't find anything nice we can afford? Or, the few times we do, we are outbid and then prices go up in the meantime? A fear - we sell at a loss yet are unable to buy while prices are low so they end up creeping back up so we end up SOL.
Well, I'm glad I got those aired out and out of the way. I hope! Want to know something sad? These are just the worries I have pertaining to our home. There are many others regarding trying to have another baby and what should I do with my career. Oh lawd. Anyway.
I pride myself in being a doer. With the exception of losing weight (my Achilles' heel!), I'm a woman of action. I hate being the person who complains but does nothing. It's a pet peeve. I joke at work that this is what makes me a great worker bee. I think that it's a great balance to the part of me that doesn't like change. This way, I'm not paralyzed by fear. But, as I've mentioned before, I'm uncomfortable with and somewhat scared of change. I'm trying to shift my frame of thinking and not be so anxious. That its OK to trust in God. Thats its GOOD to do this, in fact. Quite frankly, that I'm not being an idiot for not having a plan in place. See, that's a real issue for me. I fear that a lot. Or for being too daring, biting off more than I can chew and then it all blowing up in my face.
Trust, trust, trust. That's what I keep telling myself. I'm so scared but I'm wishing and praying I can turn it into excitement. Most times, I do! Above all, I have to remind myself this: I'm so thankful for my family. the Man is so wonderful. The Bun is an angel. She is truly heaven sent. Our little family are my heart and soul. My parents are the most supportive, generous and loving people I know. I want to do right by all of them.

No comments: