Thursday, February 14, 2013

We're doing it

We're putting our house up for sale.
It's a scary decision. As I've mentioned time and time again, I don't like change. After having a baby, I find comfort in routine and schedule. Before, I didn't necessarily think change and risk were synonymous.
I miss that part of me.
Well, I'm out of my comfort zone. There's no real plan. We don't even have a place in place for when we sell the house because the current market doesn't favor bids that are contingent upon selling another house. Buyers offering money (even if its less than the asking price) are preferred because they're a sure thing versus people like us who need to sell our home in order to have money to buy. We will most likely have to move twice. Once to an apartment and then one more time when we find a home to buy. Of course, there are the other significant factors like extending offers to multiple homes because it will take a while before ours gets accepted. I wish our first bid to our first choice would be it but I don't know of that happening to anyone!
Ah, I remember how I fell in love with a home only to find out it just wasn't meant to be. I felt so silly to let an inanimate object break my heart!
But I'm trying to channel that old part of me who just did it and trusted all would fall into place. The person who welcomed and was even excited about change! I never ever saw myself as a "risk taker". I think the best way to describe that old me was a semi-high strung gal who went with the flow;) I hope to be this person again. I'm certainly working on it!
I also know that all of this is bigger than me. We can't ignore that this burglary feels like a sign. We had been talking for months about moving and how we wanted to eventually but The Man and I dreaded all the work that would go along with this huge decision. So we did nothing. Then we finally checked out a house for sale, just to see. But I don't think we would have done more. Then we had a home invasion.
I may not like change but we definitely got the hint.
We've been going to church and I've been so happy. We've been happy! It feels beyond good to have God in our lives and introducing God into The Bun's life. So I keep telling myself  we have to trust in him. This burglary was undeniably a huge nudge for us and we are moving forward.
This is a very new adventure for us that I'm trying to view as exciting, not scary or cumbersome. Here we go!

2 comments:

Veronica Milan said...

Yay! I trust him LizaDawn. He is bigger than that punk ass who stole your security. He is bigger than that fear that stops us from doing better. He is bigger than the devil who comes into our lives when we are comfortable, when we FINALLY find peace in GOD, when we finally stop doubting and start believing. Yes, my sweet friends.HE IS THAT BIG. He has moved mountains...surely he will find you a home. It will be great.
I will, as I have, kept you in prayer. God is good. Our faith is BIGGER. xoxo.

jen said...

Wishing you and your family nothing but good. Hope things settle themselves quickly and I for one, can't wait to visit your new digs! :)