Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Bun-lish. And a 30 weeks update.

My sweet sweet girl. You are growing up too fast. I've been meaning for months - yes, months! - to write about the adorable sayings you have because you outgrow them so fast. For instance, when you were a wee little toddler, you would say, "Ahh-bah!" We guessed you were trying to say your name but we could only guess.
A couple of things you said this past year -
"Renever?" for "Remember?" and I can't help but respond, "I renever!" Because it just charms me to pieces.
"Disdappeared" instead of "Disappeared." I don't know where that additional D came from but, again, it makes me smile. You are so, so cute.
I'm sure there are more and I'll add them when I "renever."
Other things I want to remember and have you know:
You tell me how much you love Jin-Jin, a boy at school. It's quite sweet. You share a cubby with him and I think started school around the same time. He didn't speak a lick of English when you met him but Miss Amy said you guys took to each other immediately. You tell me and Daddy how you love him so much and want to marry him. You tell us how you hug him as well as other "best friends". Girlfriend, you have a lot of best friends! You love Daisy B, Daisy H, Cameron, Kylie, Daniel, and I'm sure there are others. Again, I can't remember. (Notice a theme? FYI: Your mama didn't always have a sketchy memory but becoming a mama and then getting pregnant has pretty much wiped out my ability to remember just about anything that doesn't have to do with us getting through our day.) Miss Amy also says you are the most popular girl in school. Now, know that is never going to be a goal. I don't expect nor want you to be the most popular. But it is what it is - Miss Amy said that you are so friendly and sweet that just about all the kids take to you. There's also a boy who is extremely popular to but - you guessed it - I don't remember his name!
Anyway, I kind of wondered if Miss Amy was exaggerating but in the mornings, when I drop you off kind of late and most of the kids are already there, I swear you are like Norm from Cheers. We walk in and a bunch of kids say, "Yay! Ava's here! Hi Ava!" and "Hey everyone, Ava's here!" I kid you not. Then at least two kids come up to you and hug you.
Daddy wonders if we should have put you in preschool earlier instead of a home day care because you are a bit reserved or shy. But it seems like you are doing just fine. It takes you a little bit to warm up to people or situations but it's OK. I would rather have you be a bit cautious than throw yourself into any and all situations. I like that you observe and wait a little bit. I guess because that is what makes you, YOU.
I love you so much. We love you so much. (Oh boy, do you have Daddy wrapped around your little chubby finger! Of course, you are totally Daddy's girl:) I know, that's stating the obvious but as you grow older, you become more and more lovely. You are thoughtful, funny, smart, clever and absolutely beautiful inside and out. I feel so blessed to have a daughter like you. You are such a kind person and I want us to continue to nurture that. Your heart is so pure. I know that you will grow older and, with that, naturally comes a loss of innocence as years go by. But if we can help you to be a strong woman as well as everything you currently are, well, that would be wonderful. I LOVE YOU.
Us out to breakfast for Mother's Day.
You with your furry sisters.
You wanted to have your drink in the photo because you liked it so much.
You may have a career in product placement;)
30 Weeks Update
Oh man, I'm really feeling it. I'm so tired lately and feel h-u-g-e. It's hard to believe I've got 8-10 weeks to go. On one hand, we need the time to prepare our home because the baby's room is nowhere near ready. Our old bed frame is in there and man, is it a big bed frame! The crib is still disassembled and in the garage. Most importantly, we still have no name for you! Dear Bean, whatever are we going to call you? We just can't find a name we're passionate about. We've gone through family names, biblical names, names we simply like. But we can't find one where we love enough and is important enough to use as your name. 
On the other hand, 10 weeks seems like a long time to wait for you. I am pooped, Bean. You have been a lovely pregnancy, quite honestly. Other than the lack of sleep and (this is TMI) having a flow problem when going #1. Let me be frank, I don't know why but there is absolutely no pressure when I go to the bathroom so it's like a slow drip. But those are minimal complaints. No morning sickness, gestational diabetes, no skin issues, and no back issues (I do go to the chiropractor to combat aches and pains, though!) I am, however, extremely tired. I work full-time but I thought that since I hardly travel, it wouldn't be a big deal. But all I want to do now is sleep on the weekends and in the evenings because I am spent after being at work all day/week. This last stretch is proving to be a challenge. Again, though, I feel blessed to have had a great pregnancy up until now.
So here we are, you in utero and your big sister all cute-ified for her class photos:)
I love you both so much.

No comments: