Friday, March 17, 2006

Leap of faith

This morning, I gave my letter of resignation. I'm leaving a place that was my second home for over two years, going back to for-profit and starting a brand spankin' new career.

I'm leaving some pretty great people. They are why I loved my organization. Do I need to remind you of the tid bits of work banter I've shared in previous entries? I've spent more time with them on a daily basis than The Man or my family. They also say, "nappy snatch" at the drop of the hat. I'm going to miss them so much.

I'm scared. I'm excited. I'm hoping that I haven't lost my mind.

On that note, I'm celebrating the Irish folk by going to my local brewery and drinking some spirits to ease my mind. I LOVE holidays that give me an excuse to go a-drinkin'.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

8 comments:

demondoll said...

Go green beer!!! Or are you going bailey's and cream???
I met some of yor work peeps, and they are lovely. But Iam very excited for you and your new adventure!

Couch potato said...

Good luck. That how great things happen you just take a leap of faith. :)

BpSnake (PJ Daddy) said...

Hey cuz, I've been in your shoes too, about 4 months ago! Congrats and good luck! :-)

Any time off in-between jobs? Let's meet up for coffee, we can try my local cafe Paddy's (they have free wi-fi too!)

ElleDee said...

Sister, Karaway, Tater and Buffy, THANK YOU SO MUCH for your well wishes. I've been mulling over changing careers for months but it's taken this long for me to finally decide to do it.

Buffy, what about this Sunday, early morning??

OK, confession time. I had two glasses of wine over four hours and was $hitting BRICKS when I past a sobriety check point on the way home. Whoops! Talked to the cops (two different stops at the check point) like everybody else, was given a brochure and sent my merry little way. Freakin' A.

BpSnake (PJ Daddy) said...

Yikes, TWO glasses?? Just kidding, that's not a lot, and as you said, it was over 4 hours ago.

My buddy was too scared to drink even ONE glass of green beer because he knew the cops would be out with their checkpoints. I guess better safe than sorry!

Yeah, Sunday sounds good, anytime after 7 AM. Give me a call to confirm a time! :-)

Veronica said...

Yeah!!! to new changes! cheers!!

ElleDee said...

I gave three weeks notice. In general, everyone is super sweet. But after work day two into the notice, I realize it's going to be a loooooooong three weeks. Bittersweet, awkward and maybe a tad bit sad. But I haven't shed a tear yet (and I cry at nearly anything so I'm pretty proud of myself.) Oh yes, and then there's awkward ...

Veronica said...

Yeah I hate that feeling...