Friday, March 31, 2006

Mama Lu has joined the 21st century!


Hallelujah! I finally have DSL!
That's right, Karaway. I can now view the millions of funny and crazy clips you post daily :)

Yahoo finally got this AOL gal to convert. Sort of.

I'm keeping my AOL e-mail indefinitely. I can't let go yet. I have an unusual attachment to my e-mail address. It's the only thing that's been a constant line of communication for me.

I've moved eight times in the past eight years.

I've had three pager numbers, at least five home numbers and roughly five cell phone numbers. Oh. Now it's six. My AOL e-mail address is like my permanent home address. But it will eventually have to go because it's ridiculous to pay for AOL dial up and Yahoo DSL. Please don't tell me to use the free AIM e-mail. It's not the same thing.

Anyhow, DSL is amazing. I never knew life could be like this. I can watch video. I can download music in a timely manner. I can surf the internet footloose and fancyfree!

I think I'm tearing up. It's all just so beautiful.

12 comments:

ElleDee said...

Correction to my Drinking Bonanza Week: the current J-O-B rescheduled a meeting to this Monday so there will be no drinking that night :( On a brighter note, there is now a secured drinking event on Friday b/c it's someone ELSE'S going away party so Lulu will be "getting her drink on."

demondoll said...

Sister, look at you all dsl and new phone! I love it!
Will call tomorrow, have to go to bed or pass out at computer...

BpSnake (PJ Daddy) said...

Hey cuz, I hope this doesn't mean the end to our "geeky" meetings over coffee at wi-fi cafes! :-)

ElleDee said...

No, bring on the geek cafes! They just need to be OPEN when they say they will be! :P Freakin' Paddy's.

Hey, are we still a-hikin' tomorrow? It's raining like no other. Keep me in the loop!

Couch potato said...

Its about time. I can't wait till you upgrade to Cable, is what I have you will never have to wait again. I Love Technology.

ElleDee said...

I knew I was going to hear it from y'all!! hahaha, I don't mind. I think I was the ONLY one using dial up. Dammit. Bet I'm the only one without cable TV, too. And Tater, I'm holding out on that one!

Couch potato said...

You don't have cable what the Hell
Do you have to crank your car to get it to start too? Thats messed up I have about 500 channels and I watch about 10 of them but its worth it. I really want the HDTV crap but alas I am too poor.*sigh*

ElleDee said...

Hold up you two! Lookin' at you ganging up on me! OK here's the deal - The Man and I bought my folks a plasma so they have HDTV (does that count just a little?) As for cable, I'm only home at night and on the weekends. At night, there's enough on regular TV to keep me entertained. On the weekends, I'm either running errands, sleeping, cleaning, fixing up the house, procrastinating my cleaning, online, going out on a date with a friend, going out with The Man, going to a family function ... now do you understand why I don't have cable? It's just another bill I won't be able to afford and I only need it when I'm sick from work. And Tater, you lil' snot, I have an automatic! :)

Auntie Sassy said...

Well, it's too bad you already figured out that picking vs. throwing thing, because you could actually watch the video that shows you the difference now. :-D

Unknown said...

Ahhhhh....fabulous!

Veronica said...

I don't have cable...see girl, you're not the ony one!!hehehe. ;)

demondoll said...

Hahaha "do you have to crank your car?" Hahaha! My poor, dearly departed Jetta was all about crank windows... LOL!