Saturday, March 04, 2006

Knit happens ... all over the place

Work has been buckwild busy because I had a huge event to plan. Now it is DONE. There were 170+ people, assigned seats, a program, print materials, ... and it was a morning event, to boot. I woke up at 4:30am and started the ball rolling at 6:00am. After all was said and done, I told my boss I needed a long lunch. I then called my favorite nail salon and booked a manicure + deluxe pedicure. This was a first for me. I like to self-indulge but I could never justify two people pampering m'feet and hands at the same time. But now I can. After working six hours and it being only 12:0opm, it was well worth the small splurge. (Did I mention I had to go in to work the very next day, a SATURDAY, and work for five hours?!?! Ugh.)

Earlier in the week, my little knitting group planned an outing to my favorite yarn store, Nine Rubies, and I am 100% sure that this is a perfect place for me. Not only is it a beautiful store (it used to be a small art gallery,) but the proprietors are friendly, they stay open late for small groups, and they are hospitable, too! When my friend and I walked in the door, the lovely owners had little treats for us - strawberries, pretzels, butter cookies and a cooler of sodas and bottled water. But wait, oh my!


Is that ... wine??? Seriously? You're going to give me alcohol ... after work? Well, OF COURSE I'm going to buy stuff from you! Size 19 needles? OK, why not?! A membership? OK, I'll buy a membership! Did I tell you how much I love your store? And even though I'm sober now, I don't regret my purchases at all. Any place willing to freely pour me wine and serve me little treats deserves my loyalty and hard earned money. I love my Nine Rubies somethin' fierce!

Here are my quiz results, Sister. I'm no knitting guru (and that is why I bow to you) but I was pretty excited to score a drawing of a brown girl. Sweet.
Humph. My hair is still bigger than hers.
Knitting Adventurer
You appear to be a Knitting Adventurer. You are through those knitting growing pains and feeling more adventurous. You can follow a standard pattern if it's not too complicated and know where to go to get help. Maybe you've started to experiment with different fibers and you might be eyeing a book with a cool technique you've never tried. Perhaps you prefer to stick to other people's patterns but you are trying to challenge yourself more. Regardless of your preference, you are continually trying to grow as a knitter, and as well you should since your non-knitting friends are probably dropping some serious hints, these days.

What Kind of Knitter Are You?

5 comments:

demondoll said...

Love the 9Rubies and the fab customer service. Espescially love the wine.
I like that you got the brown girl-I wanted to be goddess, but no way. I'm not adventurous or helpful enough!
BTW-After long a$$ day, you deserved a mani-pedi. ahhh... very nice!

Veronica said...

I'm the don't know shit about knit knitter.

demondoll said...

Sister! You're in the knittyheads dealio...
and yes, I bow to your admirably abundant locks. I wish I had half your amount! Oh, wait- that's the prob
xoxoxo

ElleDee said...

Check it out! I'm listed: http://knittyheads.zibibboisgood.com/
I have now crossed over into geriatrics. It's cool. I embrace it.
Sister, you rock very shiny and healthy hair. Top notch - any woman would be so lucky to have a weave made out of your hair.

ElleDee said...

Pooks, you scrapbook like a pro. I LOVE Baby Pie's scrapbook. Even The Man was impressed and he's not a scrapbook kinda guy.