Thursday, October 19, 2006

Creature of habit - the news

I like surprises. I dislike monotony. I like challenges and overcoming them. I'm up for trying almost anything once (the exception would be me going splat. And by that, I mean bungee jumping. F-that. But that's not my point.) I'm a fun-lovin' gal.

But sometimes, sometimes, I do not like change.

I have caught whiff of a rumor that I know is more than a rumor. Details to come when I know I won't get canned for writing said details.

-----------------------------------------------------
10.21.06 - My boss, the one who hired me, the one who convinced me this was a smart career change, the one who has basically been my mentor, the one who - when I compare to other managers - is by far the most fun, caring yet still successful, the one who I genuinely like as a boss, is being promoted and moving to another team.
If you've ever wondered if it's possible to be pissed at and happy for a person at the same time ... it is very possible.

6 comments:

VS said...

Deliciously mysterious! And the secretive charcoal colour of your font-choice. I'm itching to know. Chances are of course I don't even know the parties involved, but who cares? I never discriminate when it comes to gossip.

ElleDee said...

PS and entirely off the subject: This Pam and Jim thing on The Office is KILLING ME!!! Not on a comedy, dammit! It is so painful and way too real for me to deal with it. It reminds me of when I first dated The Man. Awkward, sad and hopeful. Geez louiz.

Couch potato said...

I am quite curious as well. I love knowing gossip.

on a diff. note My word verification almost spells pnppy and that makes me think of puppies and that makes me smile.

demondoll said...

Ooooh, Sister! I remember well always the dramas at work places. Secret dating, mischief in the copy room, drinking during meetings... Give the deets when you can.

Kim said...

Pissed at and happy for a person at the same time...that's exactly how I felt a few weeks ago when one of my star reporters transferred to a sister paper.

ElleDee said...

VS, Tater and Sister: There you have it!
Kim: Yes, you know EXACTLY how I feel!