Friday, December 01, 2006

Double the fun, double the poop

I'm hesitant to get another puppy. But The Man doesn't want Piko to be lonely when her grandparents leave for four months to the Philippines (they puppysit every weekday!) We like to peruse the petstore site where we found Piko just to see the newest puppies. We "oooh" and "ahh" but that's about it. I'm not ready for waking up every two hours and neither is The Man.
But last night, we saw that the store now has a Pekatese:

Oh me, oh my. I don't know if we're ready. But she's only a month and one week younger than Piko. And she looks just like her!

So we're going to the petstore this weekend to see if Piko and puppy-on-the-left will even like each other. And if The Man and I click with her. There is definitely no rush so if it's meant to be, great. If not, it's OK too.
But in the back of my mind, I keep thinking, "that's a lot of poop." *Sigh* But I want my girl to be happy so we'll see.

8 comments:

demondoll said...

Good golly, I thought that was Piko! What a sweetie-pie... i hope they like each other, and she's as Zen as Piko!

Kim said...

I second that...we got the kitten to keep Ever company during the day; we felt bad that she was always home alone. However, it's been 6 months and they still don't really get along. And we are buying food and litter MUCH more often, not to mention double vet bills (and yes, double poop). So, just make sure you are REALLY sure before you get a second one. Pets are fun, though. :0) Gotta love 'em!

White Ghost Devil said...

I agree. There is no garantee that they'll like each other. Piko will get used to routine of weekdays quick enough. She may not like sharing her space and people.

ElleDee said...

People, people, what do you take me for? Of COURSE I'm going to think about it. In fact, we're bringing Piko to check out the other Pekatese. We're just WONDERING :p
No worries, I know you're all just concerned :)

demondoll said...

We know you're careful:)
I think dogs are more pack-oriented than cats- our cat#1 didn't like #2, and hated #3- but you are wise to have them do a greet and sniff.

ElleDee said...

The one that I have is the CD that starts off with Gay Spirits/ Holidays for Strings. I lost the second CD :(

demondoll said...

I hope Sister doesn't mind me writing this- she has a computer prob at home, so it might be a little bit before she posts...

LolaDiana said...

Oh poop. I love reading your blog Lulu, come back!