Sunday, December 10, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAR DADDY

Our (Demondoll and my) Dad is 72 years old today. He gave us quite a scare yesterday when he passed out at a party my parents were attending. Without going into details, an ambulance came because he bashed his head, causing some major bleeding from the crown of his head. We weren't sure if he had a heart attack because he had chest pains. According to the doctors, he didn't have one because his EKG results weren't abnormal. But they're still not quite sure what happened so he has to go to his regular doctor this week.
I was so scared. I know my mom was frightened (she's the one, along with her friends, who discovered him in such terrible shape) and so was my sister. My dad was sad to know he would be in the hospital the day of his birthday. But, as I mentioned, they don't think he had a heart attack so he was released today and able to spend at least half of his birthday at home.
Our Dad is pretty outstanding. I know, everyone thinks their dad is Superman but our Dad is a wonderful man. He loves his family so much and always puts us first, in everything he does. He is also a spectacular grandfather and is extremely loving to his daughter's puppies, too! And, at 72 years of age, he is STILL a Superman who just goes at a little slower pace. He still wants to build us things (he's a very handy man), cook, and provide for us, even though we are grown.
We love him so very much, wish him a speedy recovery and many, many, many, many, many, more birthdays.

2 comments:

demondoll said...

Amen to that.

Thank you for keeping me informed. Mommy just isn't gonna...!

ElleDee said...

I know, Sister. Mama just doesn't want to scare you. And even though you and I don't agree, she thinks she's doing us a favor.
Can't wait to see you in a coupld or weeks, Sister!