Thursday, December 21, 2006

Lulu Check-In

1. My computer is still kaput (waiting until I have enough sanity built up to deal with the cost and the crowds.) I think I'm going to wait until after Christmas and maybe even New Year's. When I have time to think about it, I miss my laptop.

2. Pups are keeping everyone busy. Piko and Pili keep me, The Man, AL and my Dad constantly on our toes. There appears to be a mysterious pooper (Pili) and, unfortunately, that means both have to be kept on lockdown. Piko is about 99% housebroken (she pops-a-squat in inappropriate places every so often but we're still proud of her) but Pili wants to go wherever Piko goes so they don't cover much territory around the house. I am NOT a fan of mystery poo.

3. The J-O-B is keeping me busy. I work anywhere from 9 to 11 hours a day. But recently, I was recognized for hitting a goal from the time I started working for the company until now and was invited to a special training that only 15 people are attending. (I think nearly 200 people are eligible because of their start date but must meet a goal and be nominated by their managers.) Anyhow, it's a privilege but also means when we are done with our training, we are expected to do much better. Ooo-weee.

4. The Man and I are just dandy. It's nice, especially since I know he's very stressed out at work, I've got a lot on my plate, we both work long hours and we got a mystery poo-er. That can make any couple have some problems. But, thankfully, we're good.

5. My folks and I are going to be visiting my sister tomorrow. I. Have. Not. Packed. But if you've read any past entries, that shouldn't be a shocker :) I'm excited to be seeing Sister, WGD and The Boy but wish I could stay a little longer. Four days is not enough for any vacation. But considering I am in the negative for paid time off, I really shouldn't be complaining. Yes, I owe my company my time off. Well, not really but that's what my pay check says.

6. I sent out over 250 holidays cards. Didn't get one? Are you pissed? They were all for work. I sent out personalized cards to a buttload of people, all work-related. I didn't send out diddly to my loved ones or friends. Believe me, I know it's not right. I'm the type of gal that likes to send out cards. But it just wasn't going to happen after I realized how many I had to send out for work. Next year, I will be sure to have my personal holiday cards prepared by August.

7. I finished (OK, and started) my Christmas shopping last Saturday. I nearly cried when the cashiers would tell me my totals. That alone has made me realize that I need to space out my shopping. Considerably. Sister, I called you because I have no idea what to get The Boy. I am hoping we can purchase something when I get there so that I remain a rockin' Auntie.

8. Despite the fact that the holidays snuck up behind me and beat me with a stick, I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!! And, for the first time in my life, I will actually have a White Christmas! I am pysched.

3 comments:

demondoll said...

Um. The snow melted. It is bright, evergreen here. PLease don't cancel! And please dress warmly. Lots of layers.
The boy needs nothing, but we can sneak away to get some Legos or something. You are a rocking auntie any old way!
Pili is like a Secret Santa, except she secret poos...

Veronica said...

Merry Christmas...Merry "white" christmas!!!

ElleDee said...

Hey all! It IS a White Christmas! To my Sister and WGD's surprise, there was snow on the way back from the airport. (Our flight, by the way, was two and half hours delayed and packed with drunks. But I know it could have been much worse ... like Denver.)
Pooks and Tater - THANK YOU for the awesome gift certificate. I think The Man may have stole it, though. Ah, just as well, what's mine is his, too!
Cyn - Thank you for replacing my lost Christmas Mix Vol 2!