Sunday, December 10, 2006

Sweet mary, mother of pearl

I'm back y'all! My computer went kaput so The Man is letting me use his old a$s work laptop. But I'm back!
A lot has happened since last week. Yes, we got the puppy (I. Don't. Want. To. Hear. It.)
Her name is Pili (Pee-Lee) as in "Pili Nut", from the Bicol region of the Philippines. I was quite impressed that it was The Man who thought of that one. Sort of a shout-out to my side of the family (they are the ones from Bicol,) if you will.
"But how do they keep Piko and Pili straight when they sound so much alike?" you ask. We don't. We get it right 50% of the time. Luckily, they just come running no matter who is calling them because they always compete for attention.
I introduce to you - PILI!

Cute lil' bugger, ain't she?? She is 3.8 lbs, pees and poos wherever she pleases and screams (seriously, screams) like a monkey when she is crated at night. Pili also comes when you call her like she knew exactly what her name was the minute we gave it to her. She also makes Piko very happy. For the most part.
It has been a loooong week. Pili was carrying some sort of virus which got Piko sick. My parents, The Man and I have been to the vet three times this week (thank goodness for my folks, they took them while I was at work!) I never thought I'd be so concerned about the texture of my puppies' poo. The Man and I are like feces scientists. NOT something either of us desire to be.

But when we see them nap together, we know we made a good decision. Piko has actually gotten the housetraining down since Pili moved in. Yes, we got a dog for our dog but they are both happy, recovering-from-a-stomach-virus puppies. And because we want to win the "SO FREAKIN' CUTE IT'S SICKENING" award, here is a picture they took with Santa at the pet store yesterday:

L-R: My cousin's dog, Daisy, Piko and Pili

Daisy and Piko were pulling down Santa's beard and Piko was hiding until the photographer pulled out an obnoxious squeak toy which startled ALL of them and that's how we got all of them to look at the camera at the same time.

Other than that, same ol' same ol'. Missed me? I missed you guys.

9 comments:

demondoll said...

OMG! They are so adorable- I can hardly take it!!!! So cute!!!:D


You had pix taken of your puppies with Santa. Hahahaha! I love that Pili is peeking out from behind, and Piko is all beautied up. Pictures! With Santa!

ElleDee said...

Cyn, thanks for the early birthday well wishes! Yes, I am a crazy dog lover!
Sister, THANK YOU for the cable scarf. It's very snazzy!!! I love it!

demondoll said...

I'm so glad you like it! If you want, bring it up and we can put on longer fringe? Did you ever get doggie carriers for your pups? I am hunting for ideas for Christmas.

White Ghost Devil said...

It sounds she should be named Pee-Where instead of Pee-Lee. You have alot of cute puff ball now.

Couch potato said...

Happy Birthday. It is only a matter or time before you start to get matching outfits, it all starts with the pic of santa.

Kim said...

HIPPY BARFDAY!!! Hope you have a great one! :0) And congrats on your new pup! (Yes, it is OK to get a dog for your dog...we got a kitten for our cat, but 7 months later, they are still merely tolerant of each other, at best.)

Veronica said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Girl, I just know once you start having babies...you're going to be having one after the other...

Auntie Sassy said...

AW! They are so adorable. I'll bet they are all cute and snuggly too. I could go for that right now. My office is cold.

ElleDee said...

Tel: As long as you don't pass any judgement on my taken-over-by-dogs house, then you are welcome any time!!
DDoll: I think you have it covered but if you still need ideas, I love Target!
WGD: Pili has mastered (well, close enough) the pee on the peepee pad. It's the poo that is "not where it's at." Yick.
Tater: I know, I know. I'm fighting the urge though. I don't want to get THOSE looks.
Kim: They fight like crazy. But then the cuddle when they sleep. So I THINK they're happy ;)
Pookie: My biological clock has STOPPED (I took out the batteries, chucked them in the trash and then threw the clock against the wall for good measure.)
Sassy: They are cuddly. The little one needs a wipe down though b/c she still steps on her wee. TMI?
THANK YOU FOR THE BIRTHDAY WISHES!!!! MWAH!