Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Has it been five days? Whoops!

First of all, thanks for all the well wishes! It means a lot. After gaining 15 lbs and having irregular or no menstrual cycles (hey, it's MY blog), I am so happy and relieved to be at my new company!
Yes, Jon broke his hand. His right hand looks like Popeye's. But he's had surgery and is getting better. Well, he's in a lot of pain but I'm sure it will get better.
Our five year anniversary is coming up. I can barely believe it. I met Jon when I was in my early 20s. Oh, how young and fresh we were back then. It's been a fun ride, hasn't it, Jon? (He never reads my blogs.) We aren't going as extravagant on our presents this year but I think I did pretty well. Pssssst Jon, if for some strange reason you decide that you'll read my blog for the first time, STOP. You will spoil my surprise! Now git!
We've been watching this show lately and he really digs it. He even suggested we eat at this place in Berkeley that serves raw vegetarian meals. Bless their hearts, the wait staff were super sweet but the food wasn't very tasty. And it was expensive! Yet I was so happy that my carnivorous manly man actually suggested we check it out and he really tried to give it a chance! (But raw veg eaters we ain't.) Anyway, for our anniversary, I booked reservations to Chez Panisse because he's been wanting to go there for quite some time. I also bought him cookbooks by Emeril, the Barefoot Contessa and Daisy Martinez (with the hope that I somehow will benefit from these, too.) I think he'll be happy.
I end this entry with the latest picture of two reasons (among others) why Jon and I are a little less young and not so fresh anymore:

Cute, right? We love our little foofy-foofies.

5 comments:

Veronica said...

Okay..since you ignored my last comment...hehe

How did jon break his hand?

ElleDee said...

Pooks - practicing a kung-fu move he shouldn't have. Uh-huh, that's right. Now he really has an iron fist. Or, at least, a partial stainless steel one.
PS - Whoohooo, Haley is gone from American Idol! I know, she was the hottie on the show but c'mon, the daisydukes with the heels were the ONLY THING keeping her on the show. I even liked Sanjina more!

Veronica said...

hahaha...I did not like her singing. Girl needs lessons. Albert and I hate Sanji....hahaha I just caught the Sanjina---that is too funny. We were laughing when he said he wanted JLo's number. Al and I thought why cause you wanna hook up with Marc Anthony? heheh ;)

demondoll said...

You rock for getting him the Barefoot Contessa. I HEART Ina Garten. HEART. and yum for Chez Penisse!

Melinda Doolittle best win. I don't even watch, but I'll be voting. Yes, I'm from Washington, but I ain't votin' for Lewis or Malakar.

Veronica said...

I Looove Blake. I think he's a hottie as well.