Sunday, October 28, 2007

Engagement pics, a wedding and Halloween delight!

The Man and I are extremely happy (and relieved) with our engagement pictures. I LOVE our engagement photographer. In fact, Jon and I said that if we hadn't already put down the deposit for our photographer in Hawaii, we would seriously consider having our engagement photographer travel for our wedding. He was so easy to work with, very patient with our questions and has comparable prices. It's really easy to tell that he loves his job and takes great pride in his work. Most importantly (and I believe this is just as important as taking good photos,) he provides great customer service. Didn't pressure us or rush us and helped us understand the difference between eight photographs when all of them looked the same to us! He had taken 85 pictures of us and (thanks be!) there were some photographs that we really really liked. Yes, I have fully embraced the weddingness and am glad we decided to take pictures to commemorate our engagement.
Make no mistake, though. We ended up dropping a butt load more money than we thought we would. I have no doubt that my bank is going to call me again to make sure my credit card wasn't stolen (they did this when I put down a deposit for the venues and bought my wedding sandals all in one weekend.) But we truly hope and believe that this will be our first and last marriage so we chose 1o different photos that we can treasure when we are old. Two are with the puppies.
We also attended Kim's wedding this weekend. It was beautiful. I felt like such a sap because I teared up when she came down the aisle. She had a gorgeous dress that made her looks like a princess and she was simply beautiful. Her wedding was at a vineyard in Livermore and the weather couldn't have been any better! The sun was out, we had a breathtaking view of the vineyard and a nice breeze to keep us cool. The bridesmaids wore pretty deep red gowns and all her guests looked so nice. I feel like I'm doing a review of her wedding. I don't have any pictures but I'm sure Kim will post some once she comes back from her honeymoon. I think she had the best reading I've ever heard at a wedding - "Oh, the Places You'll Go!" by Dr. Suess.
I'm very happy for Kim. It's hard to believe we've known each other since 1999 when we were college roommates for two years. She has always been driven. She was the editor-in-chief of our university paper and is an editor now. Kim is so smart yet humble, very funny and very sarcastic. I think she's such a talented individual and I'm really thankful we have been able to stay friends for eight years. I'm not that great at maintaining friendships (I suppose because it takes effort and I need to make that more of a priority) so I treasure our friendship. I'm so happy she has found someone that knows how great she is and can match her intelligence and wit. I think she likes being challenged :)
Last but not least, Halloween pics. Because we are "that couple" and have been "that couple" for quite some time, I will admit that we took them to a Doggie Halloween Party so we could show off their costumes. And here they are for your enjoyment (as well as mine:)

"We are in hell. Save us."

Wild Boar.

Miss Piggy!

Bumble Bee!

I'm sure that at this moment, they wished we had human children (as oppose to furry) so we wouldn't focus so much on them. Little do they know that life is really good right now and they will probably won't get nearly as much attention once the fur-less children come. Heaven help us all when that happens.

12 comments:

VS said...

Those pups do not look pleased...but they make us humans so happy!!

C said...

i wanna see some engagement photos!

LolaDiana said...

I am craving to see these pix.
Those pups of yours.... beyond adorable!

mrs. A said...

Your pups are hilarious! :) Gotta love any dog that allows his/her parents to dress 'em up in costumes. heh Glad the engagement photos came out well!!! Are you planning to use them at the wedding?

ElleDee said...

Aren't they awesome pups? I mean, Piko always looks like she just got a beating whenever I put an outfit on her but they both are so sweet and do not scratch or bite me. Pili doesn't care. Piko acts like her world is over (no lie, she stays perfectly still until we take off the costume.)
We only saw the proofs of our engagement pictures and will not receive hard copies for another week or so. Unfortunately, we do not get a CD of our pictures so thanks be for the all mighty scanner!! Yes, we will be using our engagement pictures. One will have an oversized mat (one or two Ts?) and be used like a guestbook. Another one, a pic with the pups, will be a Xmas card :) We are giving 5x7s to our parents and sisters as Xmas gifts. Because we're thrifty like that!

demondoll said...

I love those pix! Poor pups, well piko. She does look like she is in misery. But little Ms. PigPig seems ok, just like when she had the little t-shirt!

Hooray for engagement pictures! I do enjoy engagement photos :-)

Veronica said...

can hardly wait to see those pics. I love those pups...I wish we had a pup..but Ethan is not puuppy friendly. He loves them too much he squeezes, pulls, tugs...oh that boy.

Unknown said...

I dunno what a "twitter" is.. but if you're feeling the urge to decorate... haha let me just tell you that it was DEFINITELY christmas at my house at least two weeks ago. Yes. the tree is up. Was up. In October. My family is weird. haha But I dont know... im feeling the urge too!

ElleDee said...

Tiffany in Houston or Tiffany in Seattle?
Twitter is for random thoughts that don't merit an entry. At least, for me :)
I love Xmas! Love, love, love. But I've stuck to the whole "No decorating until after Thanksgiving!" But I've been secretly listening to Xmas music since mid-October!!!!!!
Hmm, I'll break the rule if decorations are already up this year.

demondoll said...

Me, I am doing autumnal decor until Thaknsgiving, due to laziness. The christmas boxes are too numerous to deal with this early!
I am bitter, as RadonMan offered a huge bag of gourds, and WGD neglected to bring any home. Free? Easy? Decor? Oofta!

Unknown said...

Lil Tiff in Houston. You KNOW it had to be me. Filipinos are funny. My family is funny. The tree is still bare... omg last year, we did a filipino style tree-you know what it was made of? TREE BRANCHES. I was like what is this mess. tree branches and ribbon. we are officially the poorest suburbanites EVER. but dad bought a tree after xmas this year and its my turn to buy decorations and decorate.... any suggestions for stores? went to target and macys and garden ridge. WAY too much for me to handle. i'm thinking clean. classic. hmm maybe im just too lazy to shop... or maybe its just WAY too early to decorate! Honestly, its like 80 degrees outside and i'm in a tank top and shorts. ok love gotta sleep. had the LONGEST day at work ever. love u!

Kim said...

Thank you for the lovely comments about the wedding! I'm glad everyone enjoyed it...it really feels like a good accomplishment when you put everything into planning a wedding, and then everyone likes it. :0) Still so sorry I didn't get to talk to you and Jon! (I have to remember not to call him Jon in person, but his real name.) ;0) But R and I are so glad you both were able to be there. And thanks for the lovely comments about me! I am flattered. And also glad that we are still friends! xo