Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Wish I had been Drunk Baking but I'm stone sober

I made 13 dozen cookies today.
13 DOZEN COOKIES.
Here was my thought process:
"I want to make VS's Coconut Crunch Cookies."
"Hmm, not sure how many people I want to give them."
"I'll just double the recipe."
"Um, I think I doubled it. Or did I triple it? Hm."
Jeezus, that was a lot of baking. Now I remember why I haven't baked in quite some time.
I am giving each of my coworkers six cookies and a Christmas card. Nice huh? I'm also giving my neighbors a dozen cookies and some people who do the same thing as me but in different regions.
There are a butt load of cookies in my house. I think I'll still have leftovers.
On a completely different note, today was my parents' 43rd Anniversary! Isn't that great? Jon and I took them out for dinner. They're so funny - they didn't want to have a romantic dinner for two, they wanted to go out with me/us. Poor things, they're both trying to get over a cold! Anyway, Happy Anniversary, Ma & Daddy! (Not that they would ever be reading this. I hope.)

I'm still recuperating from the 13 dozen cookies.

5 comments:

demondoll said...

Sweet Jeebus, that's a lot of cookies! Thank goodness I love them, hm? ;-)

demondoll said...

By the way- I've totally done that where I think I double it then realized I already doubled the recipe when I wrote it down, and now have 4x as many cookies as I need. Yikesamikesa!

C said...

I made a crap load of cookies but everyone is so busy i can't give them out! Whoever I get to see first is getting like 3 dozen cookies because I'm not throwing them out (nor eating them..I already made my stash of cookies..and I'm cookied out)

Veronica said...

mmm cookies. I'm baking tomorrow. Just 3 dozens though. :)

Hey, it's okay if you read any blog...I just thought you would get bored with the scrappy talk :)

Couch potato said...

I made 19 dozen cookies and 20 rice crispy treats (christmas tree shaped) I made them to give away as gifts to hubby's family. And yeah that is a lot of cookies. it took me two days. Merry Christmas to you and your family.