Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Exactly three weeks away

For inviting such a small group of people to our wedding, I have been very blessed to be surrounded by very loving family and friends. Last weekend, my aunt and mom threw me (well, more like "us" since men folk were also included in the invitation!) a bridal shower which included a LOT of family and family friends. There was so much food that I could just feel my two months of consistent work outs just fly out the door! ;) They had the event catered with Filipino and Hawaiian food (they wanted to tie in the fact we are getting married in Hawaii) and a beautiful cake. I told Jon that the cake was prettier than our wedding cake because I am not a fan of fondit. He said, "Don't say that! Our will be pretty." But I know better - fondit makes for a more attractive cake. It's fine, though, because I like the way whipcream tastes more and that's what is going to serve as icing on our cake! Anyhow, I'd love to share pictures but The Man and I are doofs. He had charged the battery for our new-ish camera but when we got ready to leave, the camera didn't work! So we took my trusty Nikon, thinking the battery was charged. When we got there, it crapped out on us too. I'm hoping that my cousin's camera will have good photos. So I only have one photo - it's of me and Kim!

Kim, I hope you don't mind I posted this. I think it's a flattering picture of you even though I'm really shiny!
Well, I actually do have a couple more pictures but they are of people eating (The Man took them) and I don't think it would be nice to post them. So I cropped one to show some of the food :D

This is just a portion of the table and maybe half of the spread.
The Man strongly dislikes social functions because of his shyness but he was pretty excited about the food. I had asked him earlier that day if we could do some yoga when we got home and he looked at me very seriously and said, "Hon, there's no way. I'm going to eat good tonight." Fair enough.
The people who attended were incredibly generous. We couldn't believe how giving everyone was and it was not something we expected. Armi, thank you and Peter Panda for our awesome Fondue Pot. I'm sooo excited to take that out for the holidays!!! Kim, thank you and Ryan for the tricked out Crock Pot. That is going to come in handy when we get back from the honeymoon. Cousin Mon, not sure if read this but your gift was so cute and not nearly as naughty as you think! My mom would have been ok - promise :) We received so much more but I know the givers don't read this little blog! I will say that much of the money we received will go straight to the puppy sitter. I cannot tell you how exciting it is to be able to do that because I would become really sad every time I thought of the big fat check I was going to have to cut for our puppy sitter!
As I mentioned, I feel very fortunate to have so much love in my life. After the holidays, my sister was sweet enough to arrange a spa day when she was in town. She invited a couple of friends from the Bay Area to join us. It was a great day of pampering and relaxation. This weekend, the small group of friends that are joining us on our wedding day are throwing me an intimate get together. I know for a fact that it is not mom or mother-in-law friendly. But that's all I know. I'm only a tiny bit nervous! Thankfully, I know my friends enough to know that they don't enjoy strippers so at least that won't happen. (I am not at all a fan of a oiled up guy in a banana hammock trying to throw me up in the air and dry hump me. And yes, I've actually seen that happen to another woman.) I'm sure it will be a lot of drinking and dirty talk - my kind of party! Again, I feel really blessed to have such wonderful family and friends. And holy smokes, it's three weeks away!!!!!

PS: For all you travellers, any recommendations regarding luggage? We need to buy some really soon!

14 comments:

mrs. A said...

Sounds like a fantabulous party! :) Wishing you all the very best for the wedding (in less than a month... woohoo!!) For good luggage, I like Swiss Army, holds up well on all those airline journeys. :)

Unknown said...

3 weeks?? Already?? Oh boy I have lots of shopping to do... I've been looking at luggage online... no such luck yet but I'll keep ya updated if I see anything!

C said...

honestly cheap luggage or expensive luggage they all hold the same! Sorry I missed the shower *sigh*

Awww and that pic of you and Kim...

I miss my roomies!!!!

Kim said...

And we miss you, C!

We just did the luggage thing, and lemme tell ya, if you're going to invest in some luggage you might as well get the good stuff. Get anything with those multi-directional rollers. They're a godsend! If they enrolled you in the Macy's Rewards thing, get 'em there, since you get rewards points when you buy something and you can use them later.

The shower was fun! We both had a good time. :) Oh, and the food! I think I'm still digesting! Soooo good. And I love the photo!

ElleDee said...

Tel: I wish you could be there too! But I completely understand and I'll just think, on our wedding day, that if you COULD have been there, you would be pinching Gil's bottom at that very moment ;)
Jen: Thanks for the good wishes! I am going to email you very soon about places to see (this is my 4th time to Oahu but I'm sure there's always something new for me to visit!)Hey, where do you buy Swiss Army?
Tiffany: Girrrl, you're like your old cousin here! I've been using my parents' stuff when they aren't travelling but it's getting pretty busted up. Time for me to grow up and buy my own!
C: It would have been a roommate reunion had you been there! But, as with anyone else, I understand why you couldn't make it. But let me tell you ... you missed out. On the food!! Hahahah!!
Kim: My aunt was so impressed by you when you kept winning those games! I told her you are a journalist so you have a unfair advantage. Smarty pants :D You guys are such a blast - thanks for coming!! PS: We have to do coffee next week!

demondoll said...

As usual I am late to the party, but my computer has not been updating pages!!!I wish I could have been there :-(

Wow, that must have been a delightful party! Auntie puts out such a spread,and family and friends make it just the best :-D You and Kim both look loverly!!!!!
Oooh, did somebody mention naughty???

mrs. A said...

I got mine at Macy's... or you can try online. They're everywhere! :)

p.s. are you registered anywhere?

ElleDee said...

Sister, Cousin Mon gave me massage lotions and potions. Not very naughty at all! (Then one must look closely at the labels and see that they are from Good Vibrations. hehehe)
Mrs. A - OK. I was hoping maybe Target because that is where we are registered and we get 10% anything we register for ... although I'm not sure if it's only for after the wedding. In any event, I will check them out! I think I was given an Macy's gift card as one of my gifts ;)

demondoll said...

Remember to use those colorful straps like the ones Mom and Dad use. In fact, Lillian Vernon sells ones that you can personalize. Maybe just with last name and phone #?

Go Mon!!! I love her sense of fun!

C said...

okay the reason why i say cheap vs expensive bc my brother's bf travels for work and he goes thru luggage like white sox. He tested the most expensive brand name luggage to the ones sold at the swap meet.

They all broke! its not the luggage its the ppl. who handle your luggage.

however, wheels are ALWAYS good...small folk can't be lugging big things.

Veronica Milan said...

aww...you have no idea what this is doing to Albert and I. We are so bummed.
We were so excited when the date changed and then we received the last letter and I seriously shouted..NO!!!

Sucks we missed everything. We are truly sad. Like I cried...sad. Like Albert, feels bad sad....

Okay, enough...

Congrats. We love an miss you guys.

Anna M said...

WOW!! Three weeks! It is going to fly. Yummy Flip food!

Here is my luggage advice: Go to Ross/Marshall's and buy there. Luggage gets so beat up. Also, pack an extra bag when you guys leave for your honeymoon.

Congrats!

demondoll said...

Fegit the luggage. Have you kicked Aloha's a$$, gotten your refund, and booked with another airline?!
Sweet Jeebus, what a week!

mrs. A said...

Oh my gosh, you were booked with Aloha?!?! Ugh, I'm so sorry...did you get yourself and the fam on a different airline? Good luck!!!