Tuesday, March 04, 2008

SICK

I am a weenie when I'm sick. Usually I just try to sleep for a couple of days and, for the most part, it goes away. Not this time.
I have been sick since Thursday night.
I slept through a beautiful weekend. I saw the sun through the drapes but was too congested and my throat was too sore for me to care.
And then it GOT WORSE on Monday. So I saw my doctor and she recommended I take it easy for a couple of days.
I feel like I'm behind at work. I had to reschedule four meetings to when I am less or not contagious.
I haven't worked out since Thursday. I cancelled my training session on Friday. Backed out of yoga on Sunday. Cancelled another session on Monday. Didn't go to yoga today. For a gal that has been committed to working out six days a week, I feel like a blob. A snotty, congested, bleary-eyed blob. Who finally has the right medication.
Bless the codeine.

8 comments:

Kim said...

Do we need to re-sked tomorrow's coffee date? Feel better!

demondoll said...

Praise be for codeine!
I hope you feel better soon.

mrs. A said...

Hope you feel better soon...and you never know, maybe a little yoga will help! :)

ElleDee said...

Kim: OK, hopefully the new date will work!
D-Doll: It's miserable, isn't it?
Mrs. A: I dread the down dog when my nose is stuffed or dripping :P

Thank you all for the well wishes! xoxo

Veronica said...

I love the codeine. I once forgot that I had taken that cough syrup before an interview for a temp. agency and they drug tested on the spot. They didn't hire me. :) AND my sister's good friend was a manager there...she secretly told my sister, that she thought I was a drug user. HAHAH I guess I looked like shit and the test came back positive. So, it was possible...heheh...still love that stuff.

C said...

sorry i hope you feel better (dude i posted a comment and didnt go thru) anyhow, get lots of rest in time for your wedding and just relax!!!!!!

sorry can't make it to your shower (sorry forgot to RSVP=()

ElleDee said...

Veronica: Oh SNAP. I don't think I've ever been confused for a druggie. Wait a minute. I take that back ;)
Tel: I hear that! I am all about my vitamins, including Vitamin C!
C: Thanks for the well wishes! Oh, and please RSVP to my aunt-she's the one taking care of everything. Thanks!

Anna M said...

Codeine and Ambien are my friends! I hope you are feeling better. I have the crud too!

My sinus infection has now turned into an upper respiratory infection! YAY bonus!