Thursday, June 05, 2008

Continuing to feel content ... despite the government having it in for me.

I was driving back home this morning, happy as can be. The sun was shining, not a cloud in the sky and I felt at peace. My life, while far from perfect, is a good one and I was thankful for that.
Then I remembered that I received a letter that said I owed the government over $1,500. What is depressing is that it's true - I do. The Man made an oopsie when he filed my 2006 taxes. Not his fault. They were my forms and I should have double checked. He just thought that the bank had made an error. Uh, they didn't. And now I owe big bucks.
Ugh.
And then a couple days later I got two, yes TWO, summons for Jury Service. One for June 30th in Oakland and then another one for July 1st in Hayward. Is that even possible?! I have to call to see if that is an oopsie on someone else's part. Because that kind of sucks.
So, despite having to write a f-a-t check and most likely having jury duty in a few weeks, I'm still happy. I just want to know who I ticked off so I can do some major @ss kissing. Seriously - two jury summons?! There has to be someone who has it in for me!

6 comments:

Veronica said...

jury duty was fun! :) If you don't have a job! hahah

Poor Albert had to watch the boy...

$1,500 yikes!!

ElleDee said...

Seriously ... I totally had to hold my ankles for this one ;)
Oh, and I was able to get one Summons erased! But I may have to serve for the other one. Last time the judge and I didn't get along (she was a complete Judge Judy w/o the celebrity status) and I gave as much attitude as I could get away with. I don't deal with mean people very well. The defense attorney dismissed me. Suh-weet! Hopefully I won't even be called in this time.

demondoll said...

Oofta- $1,500 is not nice to have to give up :-(
Re the jury duty- do what so many people do and proclaim your racism. Me, I go and bring the knitting, but you gots Uncle Sam to pay!

Kim said...

I got jury summons for the 18th!

MuniSucks said...

Ummm yeah they screwed up on the jury duty thing, you should know ms former 7 on your side. haha

Anna M said...

Glad your back honey!

Listen, for some reason I can't get your RSS feed for Google Reader. Can you check your settings when you get a chance?

We were so psyched to get a fat check this year until my husband forgot he owed them about $1100! I was like: "How they hell do you forget something like that?"

I'm glad you are still in a good mood!