Friday, June 20, 2008

OhmyGAWD, thank goodness it's Friday

Going all Oprah on y'all -
1. I love Fridays. I am thankful for Fridays. For as long as I can remember, it has been my most favorite day. Better than Saturday and far better than Sunday (Sundays kind of depress me because it's a hop-skip-and-a-jump from Monday.) Work always seems a little easier on Fridays.
2. My puppies. I adore the pups. They have helped me see that there are maternal instincts buried deep inside :) Check it out, even though Piko puked in our bed and it seeped through the sheet and it was at 5am, I can still look at her adoringly. They are fantastic creatures, I tell you - little people in fur coats! The Man has stressful days at work, at times, and before he would play video games or watch a kung fu movie to decompress. Now the puppies almost always do the trick. Pili lunges her body at his face to lick, lick, lick. Piko gives quick kisses and then rolls over for a belly rub. Their typical ways of saying hello!
3. Being regular. Thanks to my special coffee every morning, I am a regular gal. Yahhhh, I WROTE IT. Man, if you've ever been irregular, you know that is a freakin' blessing to be regular. I don't need to write more about that, do I?
4. Having dinner with a childhood friend last night. I'm not great at sustaining friendships. I could write a whole entry on it. But I'll just leave it with it takes a lot of work. Anyway, I have this one friend that I've known since I was 11 years old. We have been friends for 18 years!!! The last four years have been tough, though. Nothing major happened, we just lost touch, grew to have different lives and grew apart. Well, we finally got it together and had drinks last night! It was really nice.
5. Cool 60 degrees mornings. It has been in the 90s for the past few days so it's nice to wake up to comfortable weather ... before it gets uncomfortable! We have a lot of body heat in our bed between The Man, me, and our two very furry dogs so I love comfortably cool mornings.

Now the typical ramblings -
What the hell is going on with gas prices?!?! Unbelievable!!! And possible off shore drilling? OK, seriously, how did this man get reelected? I can't wait for a democrat to get into office!! Sweet mary, who would have ever thought gas would reach $5/gallon?
I am making a conscious effort to stop "gossiping" at work. It's with only one person in particular and she somehow manages to get me to say what I really think with very little or no censoring. But I'm putting it on me, not her, because in the end I control what I say. I can tell when our conversations going towards a negative direction but it feels so good to talk to someone who voices my same concerns that I just go right along with her. She's not at all a bad person, she's actually very nice. But it's just never good to gossip, you know? I justify it by convincing myself that they are MY feelings so why wouldn't I share? It's not like I'm revealing someone else's feelings. But in the end, I am talking about other people and I don't feel good about myself. So no more gossiping!! Especially since, overall, I really like my job.
Oh! For the single friends that will eventually have a wedding ... I saw the cutest wedding invitation the other day. If I could do it again, I would have totally taken the idea. It was very simple and just The Man and my style. It was the normal size of an invitation but heavier paper and semi-gloss. On one side was a picture of the couple. It filled up the whole page so from far away it looked like a professional photograph - probably one of their engagement pictures. They looked so relaxed and beautiful and the background was a park. On the other side was all the information for the wedding. Including a website where guests had to RSVP. It was a green background which matched the green from the trees in their picture with white lettering. It was so simple yet different and totally beautiful! Anyway, it's a wedding my parents are attending but because I liked the invitation so much, I told my folks I was going to hijack the invitation afterwards for anyone's future reference. I like it so much because it was a great picture of the couple and there was no fuss or muss with multiple envelopes or papers - I wish I had thought of that! Plus it didn't look that expensive to make - bonus!!!!! Now that my wedding planning days are over, I truly enjoy seeing other people's interpretations and ideas of their big day especially if it's completely different than mine. I know that destination weddings are all the rage (hello, we jumped on that bandwagon!) so I enjoy hearing how people make it work in the Bay Area. Weird, right?

3 comments:

demondoll said...

It's so funny that you should mention lunging at faes and tummy rubs! WGD loves a tummy rub when I come home from a long day! ;-D

Anna M said...

I am a definite creature of habit and a big fan of being "regular"!

I want to see this invitation. Did you jack it? You could jack and give photo credit on the bottom.

Oh...what I would do for cool 60 degrees mornings!

Have a great weekend honey!

MuniSucks said...

OK I am not a reader so i browsed the last few blogs you did and noticed oh shit someone has been watching Oprah! LOL. I've been watcing those "love yourself, heal yourself" episodes too. That's funny you are actually writing the I am thankful for lists.