Friday, November 07, 2008

Poor neglected Blogger ...

I was already on My Space so I refused to go on FaceBook. Sister convinced me I would like it and, well, you know the rest. It's addicting! Reading about people I haven't talked to in a while, getting the instant gratification of messaging or writing Wall-to-Wall ... oh sweet jeezus, it's like milk chocolate truffles to me. ADDICTING!
And poor Blogger. I've been reading but haven't been posting. Still busy at work and so much easier to just check FB, you know? But, like blogger/FB friend Anna wrote, there is something to be said about it also being a popularity contest. And I agree - I sometimes feel like a Pokemon card. People want to connect just to connect and I never hear/read a peep from them. I'm just another notch, I suppose. It's kind of irritating and I want to start deleting people. But for right now, I'm OK. Because I have my little blog. While it is open to the public (for now), this is where I reserve the more meaningful entries and the closest thing to a journal. No, it hasn't escaped my memory that I wrote two entries about shoes. Hey, I was excited about comfy shoes! Anyway, back to why I love blogging. Granted, because it is public, I'm not going to air out my dirty laundry and tend to be a bit vague. But it's been good to me so far. And the little group that I belong to (I hate using "audience" because I feel like it then implies that I'm writing to gain popularity versus writing to see if people can relate, sympathize or admit they have no idea where the hell I'm coming from) is perfect for me.
But I noticed that many of you have gone MIA, too. How come? I think you all were on FB before me so probably aren't as big of FB-junkies :) Work? School? Life? I hope everyone is doing well. I miss reading you! Well, hopefully I'll be treated to some of your good holiday pictures soon. About that, I have to get on the ball and learn how to use The Man's camera. It's been a while since I've had pictures! And we need to take some photos for our Christmas card soon. Ugh, about THAT - The Man wants to use wedding photos for our greetings card and I'm so tempted to do that. I mean, we are trying to get our money's worth out of those pictures plus they were taken professionally so we know that they look good! But it will have been eight months since the wedding and I don't know if there's ettiquete about that but maybe they're too old? Plus the pictures don't include the pups. And we have to have the pups! Ah, we'll see. I think if I can't get my act together, we may have to use wedding pictures but my preference is for us to take one soon. Very soon. But with what time? We then need to have someone with us available to take the pictures when The Man and I are available (he's been and will be out of town on the weekends.)
Where has the time gone?!

5 comments:

Veronica Milan said...

I've been sick and tired. haha sick and tired sounds so mean. But really I have something wrong with my pancreas...kidneys? God! Who knows the Doc is wroking on an answer.

I am now fighting a cold. Blah. BUT I read blogs too and you haven't blogged much. I have little room to talk. I sure hope your silence means a baby is on the way! ;) hahah
Albert and I have decided on Feb. We will "try" for #2 and if for some reason God disagrees...well, we will work on him. heheh with lots of prayers. I want to get it over with before 35. But we will see....I wanted school over by 25 and it took me 5 extra years...so there.
;) Sorry wrote a novel

Hope all is well. ;) Oha nd wedding pictures are fine!! Photoshop those pups in hahah

ElleDee said...

HAHAHAHA ... no baby yet! Nope, that's not why I've been missing in action. Just the FB addiction coupled with work ;)But my fingers are crossed for YOUR baby making time next year and I hope you quickly get what you want!
Hmm, so you think using wedding pictures are okay? So tempting ... we just can't find the time to get everything done! :(

demondoll said...

Pictures fro wedding are more than ok, they're perfect! The biggest event of your year :-)

Kim said...

Why not use the engagement photos...those have the pups, no? I've been totally MIA from Blogger forrrrevvveerrrr because of work. I literally have no time to do anything that fun. ;) I've been poking around on FB a little, but can't devote tons of time to it. Again, because of m'dang job! I really need to get back on Blogger though...

dersh (yes, really!)

C said...

I realized that i haven't had an update in awhile. I think i'll update. so READ