Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Frustrated ... but who's fault is that?

So I've been kicking my rear end three times a week for almost a month now. I am exercising and pushing myself now more than I have before. I really do like my bootcamp sessions and feel like I'm doing a really good thing for myself.
But I have yet to lose weight. And who's fault is that?
I thought I would lose a little bit of weight just by exercising. But I haven't been doing such a great job in the food area so I gained a bit and now I'm about even. And I can't help but be pissed off because what the HELL happened to my body in the past 10 years?
Back in college, I would eat cheese pizzas w/ ranch dressing, full fat white mochas WITH hazelnut syrup, Regular Cokes and whatever other trash I consumed before, between and after classes. I now drink non fat lattes, diet cokes, Weight Watcher pizzas and whatever other no fun stuff exists out there. Yet I'm heavier now than I was then. Was it the smoking? The tons of walking throughout the day? The stress? What's changed?
I am going back to my old habit of writing down what I eat. Because it just doesn't work when I don't do that. I haven't written for a while about diets and things like that because it's not all that I think about. But after nearly a month of vigorous workouts multiple times of week, I realize that there's no way around it. I have to eat better.
Maybe it's because I'm irritable right now but it totally blows. Because I like going out for Japanese, Thai, Filipino and just eating out, in general. I love Chocolate. Oh my gosh how I love chocolate (it even got a shout out in The Man's vows to me.) I love breaking bread with friends and celebrating over meals. I love to drink. Drinking makes me eat. Ahhhh ... OK. I promised myself that I would only allow myself a few entries to bitch about weight and food. Because, over all, I am a happy person. I joke with The Man that we've gained weight because we are in a loving and happy relationship. (It's true, though. We are pretty freakin' comfortable.) I know I'm pretty healthy and I work out regularly now. But I know I have to make changes because this, what I'm doing NOW, is not working for me.

2 comments:

Veronica said...

I hear you LOUD and clear. We are on portion control. We measure the HELL out of everything. So far, it's worked.
Before, I was exercising daily and eating healthy stuff. Except....I was eating say, oh, enough for 3 people. haha My excuse, it's healthy! I lost nothing in 4 months. It's a great way to maintain your weight. lol

So, portion control works. I'm talking 1/4 cup of rice! WTF!!? 4 oz. of meat...say what? Geez!

demondoll said...

I feel ya. It's all just wrong, isn't it?