Friday, November 28, 2008

Honeymoon stage

I went through this honeymoon stage when I first "got with" The Man. It was all sunshine and giggles. No, seriously, I had a huge fat crush on him and he nearly walked on water ... to me. I carved out this big ol' pedestal just for him and gleefully slapped his rump upon it. Of course, it faded. I mean, it turned into true love and I love him madly. But the stage was over when the relationship had to deal with real issues like going through the second year hump. Or accidentally walking into the restroom immediately after the love of your life blew it up. You know what I mean.
Then there was our real honeymoon after we got married. Well, for me, it was the time when we got back from Hawaii and had to live in the real world. Spending three weeks together, all day every day reminded me of why I fell in love. And it probably helped that we shared this life changing moment in our lives like a wedding ceremony. But I had this crush again and I even kind of disgusted myself. I remember thinking on my first day back at work, "Holy CRAP. I really miss him. Like high school crush, can't think of anything else because I miss him too much missing him. Ugh!! What is wrong with me?!" And I was so happy when he came home and I just wanted to cuddle the whole evening. Of course, we acclimated to the real world and that slowly faded away. And that's OK. Because I know that I love him and he loves me.
But every so often, he does something that makes me slip back into that honeymoon or crush phase where I just want to kiss him all over and cuddle him like he was my own personal teddy bear. Like when I got a text this morning from him while he was staying at his mom's house that read, "I kept waking up to look for you next to me. Love you."
Yahh ... like THAT.

4 comments:

Auntie Sassy said...

Aw! The two of you have always been so GD adorable together.

Veronica Milan said...

awww...MAY IT NEVER FADE!

C said...

dude i'm at my second year hump..yeah it sux! LOL...when it will it get better! heheh

demondoll said...

Ain't love just the bestest?!?!?!
xoxoxoxo