Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Updates and such

1. Work, work, work - pluggin' away. Still love my job but BOY am I tired! Looking forward to things slowing down a bit around Christmas.
2. Dirty confession - all decor but the Christmas tree(s) are up. I did it the first weekend of November! I'm holding out on playing X-mas music until Thanksgiving so that The Man doesn't leave me.
3. Work it out - I think I'm in my 4th week of Bootcamp. I LOVE it. Let me be clear, I do not love waking up in the morning and knowing I'm going to get my ass kicked. I kind of dread it, to be quite honest. But I love how I feel afterward because I know I totally kicked my own ass and pushed myself to the limit. I don't have the drive or discipline to do that on my own so I really like the trainer. He manages to motivate without being a douche. A rare and honorable trait.
4. Eating - working on it. I start off so well with my bowl of oatmeal in the morning and it somehow goes to hell in a handbasket (what the hell IS a handbasket?) by the end of the day. Ahhh ... it's always something, right?
5. No go on the Yoga :( I'm sad about this one. My chiropractor told me to lay off of it for a while. When I did, my shoulder got so much better. I really liked yoga, it made me feel good and accomplished and it always challenged me. But I like my left shoulder better so no more yoga for a while.
6. Facebook - Well, isn't that just a time sucker? While I'm on it a lot less, it is a great go to when trying to kill time or just do a brain numbing activity. But isn't it interesting the people and stuff you find out about??
7. Married life - I was trying to remember the last time someone asked me, "How's married life?" and just when I was going to write that it's been a while, I remember that my parents' neighbor just asked me that this morning :) But I think we're officially no longer newlyweds. Awwww ... that was a fun title. The Man is great. He is very stressed out at work and it's hard for him not to bring it home. I feel bad because he does a great job of not taking it out on me or the pups (I'm telling you, if you're stressed, hug a puppy - it works in this household!) But work does affect his attitude in the sense that it's really hard for him to be completely happy and carefree. I wish I could help him on that :( I wish I could light a bag of the pups' poo and shove it in his supervisor's mailbox. But I won't. Because that isn't classy. And it can get a person arrested.
8. Christmas cards - we are giving it a go next week and trying to take pictures. But if you get a lovely card with a wedding photo, don't be surprised!
9. The big 3-0 - for the longest time, I've been looking forward to this milestone. Now, I don't know. I'm not really "freaking out" but I'm having some serious reservations about this new chapter. I think I've accomplished quite a bit but (and how dumb is this) I also think about what I haven't done. And how much I wish I had done. But I'm pretty sure I'm not depressed about the whole thing ... just thinking about it too much!
All right, that's it. Again, I miss reading you guys but I suppose I can't be hypocrite and expect y'all to write if I haven't been doing much of the same. So write!

4 comments:

Veronica said...

I'm here and writing in the old blog about the boy...and sometimes the new one about my scrappy shit. hahah

Lately, I've been tired. Like, shoot me now! kinda tired. :)

demondoll said...

* You are twchincally a newlywed for a year, I believe :-)
* I think a handbasket is one with only one handle as opposed to the big bulky pick-a-nick type.
* I'm not an expert, but I think you only go to jail if the poop is flaming/you get caught. ... hehehe!

Kim said...

I have to say D-Doll is correct...the "newlywed" status seems to be effective for a year. Although Ryan and I are STILL getting the "how's married life" question...and, with increasing frequency, "so, when are you guys gonna have kids?!?!"

demondoll said...

My answer to impertinant questions like when are you going to have a baby/another? is it isn't for lack of trying/we are practicing as much as possible/oh, are you a babysitter?

btw- I posted!xoxo Just following your good example :-D