Saturday, July 28, 2012

A little of my old routine ... with a twist

Prebaby, The Man and I would have leisurely weekends. Only we didn't know they were leisurely or somewhat luxurious until we didn't have them anymore.
I've said it before ... Your time is no longer yours once you have a child. Neither is your money if I'm being completely honest. Which I am.
But it's a trade off. I know 20 years down the road, I'll miss this family time and being the center of my daughter's world. So I enjoy the moment and don't wish for something I don't have. I mean, I can miss it but also be OK with it not being available anymore instead of being resentful.
But something new and fun is that The Bun is able to accompany me on more outings and is easily amused by things like people watching. Something I love to do too:) We go on more dates and I get to see things through her eyes.





I love cafes and eating breakfast. The Bun has acquired these same likes!
Prebaby, I could get a mani/pedi whenever I wanted. As a mama, not only have funds become a little more scarce but free time is also a thing of the past. Weekends are family time and not so much for pampering. Again, simply a worthwhile trade off.
Recently, The Bun has proven to be on her best behavior when I have appointments. Things around us are interesting enough for her to stay amused. Like chiropractor appointments. And pedicures! Oh, how I've missed both of those.
I don't get manicures anymore because I need to literally be hands on with my daughter so a manicure would get mussed in no time. But I can get a pedicure. Yay!


I am so impressed and grateful for The Bun's easy going attitude and good manners. She just sat patiently while I got adjusted at the chiropractor. And then, after brunch, while this Mama got her toes pampered.


I know that we can't be best friends. We have to have clear boundaries and rules so she can grow up to be a respectful and responsible individual. But I'm so happy we can enjoy each others company and similar things. It's so much fun to HAVE so much fun with her. If that makes any sense;)
I'll leave you with this last photo. For the past two years, I was a day-of-event volunteer for Relay for Life. This year, I decided to be a participant and raise money. I also decided to bring The Bun. She had a blast! And it was great to honor my mom, her Nana, since she is a breast cancer survivor.
Here is a photo from Relay:


I feel blessed to have all these little yet wondrous Mama/Daughter moments.
I love my little family so much.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Mimi said...

What an adorable date you have! ;) Isn't this a fun age?? We should hook up again. And, we don't mind heading that way.